Grady White Fuel Sending Unit

bls-fla

Reaction score
I need a fuel sending unit for a 1990 23' Gulfstream. Anyone have a part number or know a source? I'm sure I can get a universal replacement at Boater's World or West Marine, any experience with those?

seasick

Reaction score
VeroWing said:
I'm also looking for a new fuel sending unit and came across these. Not sure if they are what we need. Just found them while doing a search.

http://www.iboats.com/Sending_Units/dm/ ... _id.238171

Those units are mechanical and old technology. The WEMA units and others like them, are sort of solid state. There is a sealed tube and a ring that floats up and down on the tube. The electronics in the sealed tube sense the position of the ring and therefore the level of the fuel.

VeroWing

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
seasick said:
VeroWing said:
I'm also looking for a new fuel sending unit and came across these. Not sure if they are what we need. Just found them while doing a search.

http://www.iboats.com/Sending_Units/dm/ ... _id.238171

Those units are mechanical and old technology. The WEMA units and others like them, are sort of solid state. There is a sealed tube and a ring that floats up and down on the tube. The electronics in the sealed tube sense the position of the ring and therefore the level of the fuel.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Seasick. I think I'll go with those. Mike

Reaction score
I recently replaced the fuel sending unit in my 1995 262 Chase with a WEMA unit. Make sure you order the right length. Email Grady customer service and they will tell you what length to order for your boat. Unit is very simple to replace. Turn off the battery switches before changing out the unit.