Grady White Hardtop mounted center Rigger

Off the Hook

Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a center rigger to their hardtop?

If so, where did you mount it and did you add any support?

I have recently added a center rigger to my hardtop on a 33 express and had a backing plate made, installed and welded on to the existing pipework, but it is still slightly flexing my hardtop when rocked back and forth...

was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this??

Thanks

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
Two things, did you have spacers put in the holes of the hardtop? they would go the exact thickness of the hardtop with the bolts passing through them. Also , have a plate made wider than the rigger base for the top. If you don't you will only squeeze the hardtop flatter and flatter with the movement of the mount on top. The sleeves for the bolts should be stainless or aluminum just big enough for the bolts and no more than 1/16 of an inch longer than the holes drilled through the top. :goodjob

JJ2468

Reaction score
I used the Lee MX7003CR which is extremely robust and run a 12' pole. Used a 1/4" thick backing plate and 6 large ss screws with nylon bolts. Zero flew and I run some heavy lures for over 2 years now

Like No Regrets said make sure backing plate is large and use large screws

Good luck

J

Attachments

• IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 1,071

JJ2468

Reaction score
So happy finally learned to resize images

I actually used the rod holder as a backing plate u can see. Very robust plate though

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 1,070

Off the Hook

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will try to take a picture of what i had done tomorrow and post it. I am still getting some "flex" on the top, it is very minor, but my goal was to eliminate it all together...