Grady white instrument panel

4rfam

Reaction score
I have a 1989 Trophy Pro 25, the instrument panel has several labeled toggle switches, one I know ideal what it does and am looking for some help. One is labeled "Fuel and AUX and MAIN. I know what is does, flip to main and it gas gauge reads the fuel level in the main tank and switch to AUX and it reads the fuel level in the AUX tank. Beside that switch is another switch is labeled "Fuel" and the top its labeled PORT and at the bottom its labeled STARB. Flipping this switch does not work any of the gauges and there is electric fuel pumps and I do not hear anything running. There is wires attached to the back of this switch. Does anyone know what this switch does. I have attached pictures.IMG_5396.jpgIMG_5397.jpgIMG_5398.jpgIMG_5399.jpg

Chessie246G

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
One should be for the fuel gauge, the other would be to switch between which tank is pulling fuel. I'm assuming they are inboard engines/engine?

4rfam

Reaction score
One should be for the fuel gauge, the other would be to switch between which tank is pulling fuel. I'm assuming they are inboard engines/engine?
They are both outboard engines and I have a machinal fuel selector mounted at the stern

seasick

Reaction score
Does the second 'fuel' switch have a center OFF position? I wonder if that model originally had electric primer pumps. The color code table for that model year shows a color code for a primer pump but that doesn't necessarilt mean there was one. The color for the primer would be pink with a red stripe

4rfam

Reaction score
Does the second 'fuel' switch have a center OFF position? I wonder if that model originally had electric primer pumps. The color code table for that model year shows a color code for a primer pump but that doesn't necessarilt mean there was one. The color for the primer would be pink with a red stripe
Yes, it does, you have to hold the switch either up or down, when let it go it returns to the center position. Any ideal where the pump would have been located, I can't find anything from the tanks to the motor except for the prime (chock) on the engines that activated by holding the key pushed in.

seasick

Reaction score
It is possible that the pumps were removed. If they are still there, most likely they would be aft in the bilge area but up high like the water separator filters. If the engines on your boat are not the original ones, you probably don't need the primer pumps.

4rfam

Reaction score
It is possible that the pumps were removed. If they are still there, most likely they would be aft in the bilge area but up high like the water separator filters. If the engines on your boat are not the original ones, you probably don't need the primer pumps.
thanks for the help the engines run fine without them just wondering what the switch was and I think your right