Grady White Marlin 2000

christo15

Reaction score
I'm looking at this boat for sale and it's a 2000 Grady White Marlin with twin OSX66 250's original with the boat with 600hrs.

I have the same motor on my Grady White Gulfstream and love it so I figured it wouldn't be bad at all on the Marlin. Do you have any thoughts or concerns?

Perry

Reaction score
I have a '98 Marlin with twin 250 Ox66s. Boat has plenty of power and top end...the two strokes are little noisier and smokes at start up. Gas mileage will be worse...that being said, I've had zero problems with my previous Ox66s and the ones that are one my current boat...and that's the most reassuring...

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
As long as the boat and motors check out, you should be good. I have 272 sailfish with ox66 225s and they always start up and run well. Just need to do some reg. Maint like clean 02 sensors, filters, vst, low pressure pumps but you probably already know that.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wouldn't believe a thing the owner says about maintenance. I would plan for 100 service, water pumps, stats, PRV, VST filter, etc. about $600 in parts for the pair. Might not be a bad idea to pull the oil tanks and replace the filter. Good luck getting those out.

ttles714

Reaction score
Go For It !! I have 2001, same boat same power.... Love both ....

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
i'm not sure when the seaV2 hull was done for the Marlin. you might want to look into that.

a marina friend just re-powered his marlin (early 2000's, not sure the exact year) with the new 4.2 f 250's. loving the chit out of it. so if the hull is sound and worth the purchase price, run the engines and plan a re-power at your convenience (they are 12 years old, but you may get a couple bucks for them anyway). good luck, ron

boatino

Reaction score
Christo,

I purchased the identical boat from Boston 2 1/2 years ago. I had to do the water pumps the first year after the boat came out of storage. Other than burning a lot of gas and oil the 250 SS Yami's are good. I average about 28 MPH @ 1.1-1.2 mpg. Top end 43-44 MPH you don't want to know the MPG at that speed. I would love to re-power for the added efficiency and smoke free operation but was quoted between $40k-$50k and that is definately not in the budget. I have also had to replace both fuel tank guages. Other than that the boat is great. The ride is awesome especially coming from a 22 ft. Seafarer. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

John

boatino

Reaction score
Tucker,

I don't run tabs other than slogging into a head sea. When running parallel to a 3 ft. or so chop I trim the outboards up quite a bit because a wave will catch the bow and push it giving the boat an uneasy feeling. I don't know if that's what your asking by "Bow Heavy".

John

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Yea, pretty much. I think that is just a characteristic of walk arounds. Engine trim like crazy and tab only when you have to.