Grady White Newbie

CaptJeff

Reaction score
Hello All. Although not new to boating I am new to GW. I am in the process of buying a used 20' Escape, primarily for use in fishing around the CBBT, Lynnhaven and local area. The boat will come with a compass and safety equipment but that's it. I already have an anchor.

What would anyone recommend for a fishfinder/depthfinder, marine radio, gps, etc? Are there any good local sources for electronics in the Tidewater area? I do not need the top of the line but I do want decent stuff.

Thanks in advance..................

Jeff

Sailfish25

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Up here in Connecticut we've got Defender Industries and in the spring they have their "Tent Sale". Lots of great deals, factory reps etc.
It could be worth the trip up or order online and get the same deals.

Average Joe

Reaction score
Hey Jeff, welcome. I have a 208 so basically the same boat as you. After having numerous problems with Lowrance products I switched to Garmin about 4-5 yrs ago and haven't had a moments trouble. I have a 498 which is no longer made but they offer several models that are similar. Your budget has a lot to do with your choice. A FF/GPS combo with a 5" screen is a good choice but when you are in split screen mode it can be tough to see.
I recommend that you go to West Marine and look at the different models in simulator mode. Stand at a distance that is approximately the same as you would experience on the boat to get an idea of screen sizes. Play with the features and ask questions. The link below is a good online source.

www.boemarine.com

ticman100

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 204
I'm looking for replacement parts to redo a 1988 fisherman 204.
I'm starting with the panel,new dashboard and instruments.
I'm just south of Charlotte, NC