Grady White Rod Holders

mlgrady20

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can find replacement rod holders for my 2000 escape 209? There are three rod holders on each side of the livewell with a bracket. I do not want to replace the bracket just the rod holders because they have begun to crack.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
Try your local dealer.
However, I just looked at a picture of the ones on my 2004 209. Two of mine are cracked as well. I going to try Schedule-80 PVC Conduit and a can of spray paint from HomeDepot.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
Mlgrady20 - Since you were the first to bring this up, it's only right that you get Tuckers Rod Holders.

mlgrady20

Reaction score
DUUUUUG said:
Mlgrady20 - Since you were the first to bring this up, it's only right that you get Tuckers Rod Holders.

DUUUUUG I was thinking about it today while I was doing some work on the boat in the driveway how much of a pain they are. I decided to take them off and leave them off for good. But Tucker that would be nice if you wanted to give them to me! I am going to get a T-Top put on in the fall before I put the boat away for the year so I will have no need for them and the rods will not fit under it anyways. Granted they are nice to have but when I am not fishing (which is never really the case) and have friends, family and my girlfriend on the boat they seem to get in the way of sitting down so I am told. I guess I can afford to bring a few less rods out now lol. I was able to find the under gunnel replacement straps to hold my rods in place because my old ones snapped. Does anyone who owns a 209 have a T-Top on their boat? If so was it from the factory or purchased after? What are the thoughts on a T-Top for the 209.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Had a T-Top on my Escape and loved it. Boat came with a bimini which was a PIA, freakin' straps in the way of boat pole, crabbing nets, fishing rods, kids heads, etc. Nothing to grab onto when boarding the boat. It was aftermarket and about $3500 installed but worth every penny. I don't think I recouped my money when I sold the boat but what else is new. Yea, the wife walked into those rod holders and lost a piece of skin on her leg so they were off ASAP. Filled the holes with Marinetex. Anybody want them let me know, pay shipping and they're yours. I just need to find them in the attic. Anything to help out a Grady man.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
Tucker, thanks for the offer but I am probably just gonna take them off after your and Mlgrady's comments.
Mlgrady, Below are pictures of the T-TOP I just had installed in January. Mine was around 3000.
The T-Top is a great addition

Attachments

• Boat with T-Top.jpg
    Boat with T-Top.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4,761
  • T-Top1.jpg
    T-Top1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 4,761
  • T-Top2.jpg
    T-Top2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 4,761

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The frame is very similar to mine, except on yours there's a diagonal support right at eye level if you're sitting down. That would bug the heck out of me. Your top is better than mine. I had a canvas top.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
The last guy that said something negative about my boat......well.....I made em' Walk-the-Plank Arrrrgggh LOL
Since the whole T-Top installation was new, the Hard Top was only about $200 more than the canvas.

DUUUUUG

Reaction score
I recall reading 225HP Max.
My boat has a 200HP. But I also remember reading that you didn't want less than 200 due to performance.