Great couple weekends of crabbing...

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well, fishing has been a bit of a bust over the last two weekends but crabbing on the other hand has been quite fantastic. Over the last two weekends we've pulled up a few different pots that had 12-14 crab in them, and only a couple that weren't keepers.

IMG_3012.jpegIMG_3011.jpegIMG_2964.jpeg

Peter A

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Nice!

Miss that Dungeness although the blue crabs on the east coast are good. I grew up in Seattle/Tacoma.

The saltwater fishing here in NJ I am just starting into after 30 years of fly fishing freshwater mostly. I do miss fly fishing into the beach sea-grass for sea-run cutthroat trout in the Sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice!

Miss that Dungeness although the blue crabs on the east coast are good. I grew up in Seattle/Tacoma.

The saltwater fishing here in NJ I am just starting into after 30 years of fly fishing freshwater mostly. I do miss fly fishing into the beach sea-grass for sea-run cutthroat trout in the Sound.
The king salmon runs are usually quite good during this time of the year and I usually have really good luck catching them, but it's been so dry and without any rain until yesterday that I think they're still holed up out in Port Angeles/Sequim. Hopefully this coming weekend we have a bit more luck.