Great new battery charger

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Hey all,
Just bought two of the chargers, one for the Tournament 225 and one for the Bass Tracker, and I'm very pleased with them. If they do what they say they will, maybe I won't have to replace batteries as often. Check them out and let me know if anyone has any other experience with them.
They are X2 Xtreme chargers made by Pulse Tech. The best deal I found was from Batterystuff.com.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wow, nice charger. Spendy little gadget, eh? Nice site, lots of goodies.

I'm surprised peak output is only 2.5amps. I'm also surprised for that kind of money you didn't go with a permanent install style.

Do you have AGM batteries? They would definitely require that type of charger.

We all do need a way to top up our batteries. Outboard motors just don't have the output unless you have really long run times or just a single battery. Plus they really need to be cycled properly like this charger does, float charged, de-sulfated, etc.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
There's really no convenient place on the 225 to mount a permanent charger. Plus all the Guest, etc were a lot more expensive. My boat stays on the trailer indoors all the time so it' really no problem with the quick disconnects attached to the battery posts.