Great weekend on the water

Drifter80

Reaction score
This past weekend was by far my best time on the water all summer. I took the Grady to a friends cottage on Harsens island on Lake St. Clair. We had six boats up there total and it was a blast.
The boat ran AMAZING. It feels like it rides smoother and better every time I take her out. The Seafarers cabin was cramped but after a few beers I didn’t care. The fish locker under the driver seat is the best cooler I’ve ever had on a boat. The ice I put in Friday night was still there Sunday night. We did some fishing but mainly cruising and anchoring and dock partying. It was a great time.
It’s too bad I can’t reset summer and have my boat for the whole summer. Oh well, theres still some good boating weather ahead. I am so happy with this boat. Its the best toy I've ever bought.

LittleMrs

Reaction score
Unfortunately Gustav kept me off the water this weekend but I know exactly how you feel. I was terribly nervous overnighting on the boat the first time but I'm over it now and I can't wait to do it again - there's just no better feeling of freedom. I used to own a log cabin in the mountains - no television, no newspaper - it was FREEING to live that way. Being on the boat overnight feels exactly the same to me .... its a "not real reality".
Enjoy your time on the water and your boat ! Many many many happy years ahead :)

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have run past Harsens a couple times with my son on the way to Port Huron..Cool area....
I stay aboard my Gulfstream almost every time I trailer it somewhere and launch.
Enjoy your rig..'09 will be here shortly.....

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great to here about the other side of the world enjoying their boating soooooo much!
I have been madly preparing my 265 for the annual Townsville Gamefishing Tournament this weekend. We will be staying onboard probably 3 nights in total. I have the fridge on and the batteries charging as we "speak'.
I went to a tackle seminar last night given by an Aussie fishing legend Peter Pakula of Pakula Lures fame. My son and I came away with at least 6 new things to try and a completely different idea about what works! If he is ever in your neck of the wooods check him out; easily the most informative fishing seminar I've ever attended.
My brother comes up from Sydney to skipper a 48 ft Riveria. All the big boats that are on their way up to Cairns for the heavy tackle season (Sep - Nov) are in town and we intend on having a real getogether tomorrow evening before the shotgun start on Sat morning.....
Hopefully have some good news by the end of the week....we have a GW23ft and a Marlin fishing as well as my 265. Enjoy what is left of your summer??????

Drifter80

Reaction score
Yeah Magicbill, I love the flats. Its a very cool area. After we left the moot Sunday I took a nice slow cruise around. I love going back into all the little cuts and bays.
Jekyl our boating season in Michigan ends with ice. :wink:
Global warming permitting we should have an awesome September & Oct. I plan to keep my boat in the water well into the fall. I don't have a heater but having the hard top and enclosure will extend my boating into the fall. Maybe I'll try some muskie fishing this fall. I went last fall on a friends boat and it was a riot!

I love my Grady White