Groco macerator install ? for Sailfish

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My in-tank macerator sh*t the bed no pun intended. It just stopped working - no blown fuse, no symptions. I assume if it was jammed it would be blowing fuses but all looks good and there is power coming from the switch. Question I have regarding the install for anyone that has done this chore, did you have to remove the large waste hose that goes to the deck pump out from the holddng tank in order to get the old pump out and the new one in. It looks like after 18 years it would be a wrestling match to get the waste hose off ir off and I do not want to damage the holding tank and or the valve it is attached too. for any insight

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I removed mine many years ago and did the out of tank macerator conversion with good results. No longer have to pull out a nasty pump if any issue. As far as the hoses, just use a heat gun to warm them up and then they remove easier and are easier to manipulate.
You can find other posts on here about macerator's and the conversion if interested. It is a much cheaper option and you will gain a bit of holding space as well.

Reactions: Legend