Groco pump out / tank level switch

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My macerator pump stopped working suddenly yesterday. I thought it was time for a new unit but it turned out to be the pump out switch gone bad. I looked on the Groco web site and I could only find the switch as part of a tank level monitor kit for $350. Has anyone ever found just the replacement switch/monitor.

LunchMoney

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Did you ever figure out a alternative to buying the entire kit? I am having the same problem.

Cheers
Chris

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yes, I went with this - it is a great looking gauge and fits in the same spot as the original. It only reads the tank level, it does not operate the macerator. I just moved the macerator wires over to an empty slot I had on my cockpit switches. The sensors are two foil strips that attach to the outside of the tanks. The monitor package was about 150 and The actuator cover for the swtich 5 buck.

1555085893717.png

1555086680502.png

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Yes, I went with this - it is a great looking gauge and fits in the same spot as the original. It only reads the tank level, it does not operate the macerator. I just moved the macerator wires over to an empty slot I had on my cockpit switches. The sensors are two foil strips that attach to the outside of the tanks. The monitor package was about 150 and The actuator cover for the swtich 5 buck.

View attachment 7003

View attachment 7004
I looked at this one too but it was out of stock at the time. a bit cheaper

Smart Mini
S_MINI_B.jpg

The Mini-Panel display is the smallest display panel we manufacture. This panel is used when there is only a single tank to monitor. It displays the tank levels in quarters (E, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, & F) with a series of LEDs.

Our one tank unit has become pot(less) through the use of our new Smart Chip technology. Only a button push at empty and full is required to accurately calibrate your tank.

$129.95 - Full kit with 1 exterior moda sensor

LunchMoney

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Awesome thank you!

I managed to find the original switch for relatively cheap. I just installed a new macerator so hopefully all is good ones the switch arrives.

Cheers
Chris

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looking at the tank manager schematic, there are three fuses on the circuit board. One is 12V 10A, for the discharge pump, a second is another 10A fuse for the vacuum generator and the third is a 3A fuse for the circuit breaker (I'm assuming electronics on the board). I'd locate these and see if they are blow. You can try to replace but if there is a problem, they simply may blow again.
This panel is not sold as a repair part, you have to buy the entire tank manager.

LunchMoney

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Looking at the tank manager schematic, there are three fuses on the circuit board. One is 12V 10A, for the discharge pump, a second is another 10A fuse for the vacuum generator and the third is a 3A fuse for the circuit breaker (I'm assuming electronics on the board). I'd locate these and see if they are blow. You can try to replace but if there is a problem, they simply may blow again.
This panel is not sold as a repair part, you have to buy the entire tank manager.

Can you email me the schematics? christopherfilms@gmail.com

Cheers
Chris

Fishtales

Reaction score
see if you can find the schematic online for it. My guess is the 12v is provided via the panel via a breaker with no fuse. The fusing is in the unit itself. Shot in the dark, but could be it. Could use a DVM as well and check the unit for input voltage.