Guilty pleasure ...anyone else

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
So, I find myself checking out those boat zone videos and Haulover Inlet videos when they pop up in my feed. Do any of you all watch that stuff?

one thing I noticed in the Boat Zone Miami River stuff is the ridiculous amount of dangerous Tom foolery some of the ladies do on the bow of the boats. If they slip and the captain doesn't pay attention those thong clad beauties could end up severely disfigured courtesy of Verado 300s or worse killed. I am really not a kill joy but when I watch those videos I can't but help think of the risks here.

I do sort watch the inlet stuff to try to learn a bit more going through the inlets . though I must nothing beats actually going through an inlet.

I finally saw a Grady White in one of the videos .lol. They sure do like their Midnight Expresses,Axopars and Freemans lol in those videos .

Last edited:

Bird Blaster

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Watch these regularly. Entertaining and educational.
I def feel the same way about the folks sitting as passengers or kids without life jackets.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I always wonder about those "ladies" in their heels on the boats.
I was at Haulover this past February and watched the boats, I didn't have a boat. I did speak to the Wavy Boats guy and he showed me his equipment he was definitely Pro all the way. These are big money boats and crazy waters there and I wonder what those people do to be able to afford those boats. I watch the videos and would like to spend more time down there.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
I was wondering the same thing regarding the job classification required to have one of those go fasts..mega $$$$. I have 3 kids going off to college this september. Damn

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Guilty, but nothing wrong with watching dream boats go by. Learned a lot of what not to do. A bit of what to do.

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Yes I watch them too, some good stuff on there, some jackasses. I am also curious how these people afford these things!

doug228

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Theres a difference between affording them...and mortaging them.

• Haha

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
So, I find myself checking out those boat zone videos and Haulover Inlet videos when they pop up in my feed. Do any of you all watch that stuff?

one thing I noticed in the Boat Zone Miami River stuff is the ridiculous amount of dangerous Tom foolery some of the ladies do on the bow of the boats. If they slip and the captain doesn't pay attention those thong clad beauties could end up severely disfigured courtesy of Verado 300s or worse killed. I am really not a kill joy but when I watch those videos I can't but help think of the risks here.

I do sort watch the inlet stuff to try to learn a bit more going through the inlets . though I must nothing beats actually going through an inlet.

I finally saw a Grady White in one of the videos .lol. They sure do like their Midnight Expresses,Axopars and Freemans lol in those videos .

I watch those like crazy though the ones that advertise hot girls almost never have hot girls. Lot of sleazy, not my thing, I might be old fashioned. So pass on that. The Haulover Inlet one is the best I think. The guy that goes this one goes to Haulover, this one goes to the boats. He's not about the girls, he's about can you captain your boat. I've actually learned stuff from that channel.

I also watch boating fails, my wife thinks I'm nuts and I'm inviting a fail. Perhaps but I'm super careful, check everything twice, I back down the ramp with the strap on, don't take it off until the boat is enough in the water that if it slipped it would be OK, don't drink on the boat, I'm semi new so I'm careful. But I love those boat fails, can't explain it, but damn, do people do stupid shit. It is pretty funny when it is not your boat.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, I watch the kayak youtubers, that's a fun group of guys.

I watch a lot of fishing, that's what got me on the ocean.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I watch those like crazy though the ones that advertise hot girls almost never have hot girls. Lot of sleazy, not my thing, I might be old fashioned. So pass on that. The Haulover Inlet one is the best I think. The guy that goes this one goes to Haulover, this one goes to the boats. He's not about the girls, he's about can you captain your boat. I've actually learned stuff from that channel.

I also watch boating fails, my wife thinks I'm nuts and I'm inviting a fail. Perhaps but I'm super careful, check everything twice, I back down the ramp with the strap on, don't take it off until the boat is enough in the water that if it slipped it would be OK, don't drink on the boat, I'm semi new so I'm careful. But I love those boat fails, can't explain it, but damn, do people do stupid shit. It is pretty funny when it is not your boat.

I'm in the SF Bay Area, I watch the kayak youtubers, that's a fun group of guys.

I watch a lot of fishing, that's what got me on the ocean.
The fails one , the boat ramps , us hard for me to watch. You can see the problem happen in real time and almost know it before it starts and nobody who is in the know offers to help. That's the hard part for me. some of those people could get help from bystanders before it turns in an epic fail.

anyway, I watch the Haulover one primarily to look at the boats, see how they handle those standing waves and try to pick up on stuff.

Reactions: PointedRose

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
My new favorite guilty pleasure is "Miami Boat Ramps".

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You Tube Alfred Montaner's "Chit Show". He films from Black Point just about every weekend. Verrrrrrrry Entertaining.....

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Qualified captain is pretty good content. There’s started to be some drone footage too which is pretty cool.

I also like bayrippers for the 2stroke fuel burn and hearing those engines sing

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
The fails one , the boat ramps , us hard for me to watch. You can see the problem happen in real time and almost know it before it starts and nobody who is in the know offers to help. That's the hard part for me. some of those people could get help from bystanders before it turns in an epic fail.

anyway, I watch the Haulover one primarily to look at the boats, see how they handle those standing waves and try to pick up on stuff.

Definitely something unreal about the number of bystanders who watch the fails that don't jump to help. It shouldn't be that way out on the water. My buddy and I were at a ramp last summer and a couple (who were arguing the whole time) offloaded their Whaler (approx 17/18ft) and the guy drove off... pretty funny to watch their bickering... until the lady started screaming that the boat was sinking. The classic mistake of failing to put the plug in. I jumped out of my boat and found the plug in the back of the Whaler and plugged it from the inside before it took on too much water. She was in total panic mode and he had already driven off... so I guess it would have been fun to see how well that Whaler would have done "staying afloat" full of water, but I just can't imagine standing by in a situation like that. The boat ramps sure are an entertaining place to spend some time.

Reactions: PointedRose

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Definitely something unreal about the number of bystanders who watch the fails that don't jump to help. It shouldn't be that way out on the water. My buddy and I were at a ramp last summer and a couple (who were arguing the whole time) offloaded their Whaler (approx 17/18ft) and the guy drove off... pretty funny to watch their bickering... until the lady started screaming that the boat was sinking. The classic mistake of failing to put the plug in. I jumped out of my boat and found the plug in the back of the Whaler and plugged it from the inside before it took on too much water. She was in total panic mode and he had already driven off... so I guess it would have been fun to see how well that Whaler would have done "staying afloat" full of water, but I just can't imagine standing by in a situation like that. The boat ramps sure are an entertaining place to spend some time.
I agree, many of these things are very avoidable. I can’t imagine boating in high traffic areas like Miami. The jet skiers…good God

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Love Haulover but I especially Love the Chit Show. Makes me feel much better about my docking skills.