Gulfstream 232 fresh water question

bls-fla

Reaction score
Recently bought a 1990 Grady Gulfstream 232 and love the boat. I'm working my way through a short list of issues and have hit a snag on the fresh water system. I have a couple of questions the poor copy of the manual I ordered doesn't answer. Are there 2 separate water pumps, 1 for the galley faucet and 1 for the gunwhale faucet? Are the pumps accessible? I hear a pump run only when the switch at the gunwhale faucet is turned on...but no water flow. Nothing happens at the galley faucet. Is the tank accessible?

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
can't answer on the number on a 1990, but have you checked to make sure the filter is clear. they do crude up.

bls-fla

Reaction score
The diagram I downloaded is almost impossible to read; however, I don't see a filter anywhere.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
on my '02, there was a small clear plastic bowl (screw on/off) attached directly to the pump, however, it could have been put anywhere. ron

bls-fla

Reaction score
Thanks, Ron. I can't even find the pump (pumps?) right now. I just had a thought about where to look. I'll look at halftime.

Bokat

Reaction score
I have a 93' Gulfstream and added a gunwale water system to my boat because it didn't have one when I bought it. I have two pumps, one for the cabin sink and one for the gunwale system. Both pumps are located under the passenger seat. They are mounted directly to the back of the tank. You have to remove the housing for the two drawers and you will see the tank and the pumps. They are screwed into the tank.

Some times I think I am getting air in the line because nothing happens when I turn on the water but it eventually straightens itself out. Make sure you have plenty of water in the tank. You could also have a crud buildup in the tank that has plugged up the pumps. There are no filters on the pumps so you will have to unscrew the pumps from the tank to flush out the tank and pumps. PM me and I will give you my phone # if you need any help with it. I am located in Atlanta.

bls-fla

Reaction score
Thank you BOKAT, that's great information.

exudedude

Reaction score
bls-fla said:
Recently bought a 1990 Grady Gulfstream 232 and love the boat. I'm working my way through a short list of issues and have hit a snag on the fresh water system. I have a couple of questions the poor copy of the manual I ordered doesn't answer. Are there 2 separate water pumps, 1 for the galley faucet and 1 for the gunwhale faucet? Are the pumps accessible? I hear a pump run only when the switch at the gunwhale faucet is turned on...but no water flow. Nothing happens at the galley faucet. Is the tank accessible?

Yes there are 2 pumps the raw water also runs the baitwell. I believe the frshwater pump is behind the screwed on bulkhead to the left of the sink.