Gulfstream 232 - Transom Fish Box Dimensions? + WTB

Mgaul1

Reaction score
Does anyone have the interior measurements of the transom fish box on a 2010+ Gulfstream 232?
Wanting to see if this is long enough to fit a couple large YFT, average weight around 150lbs.

Also, any opinions on the UPSEA ride on the 232 versus the 228G? I understand it's more stable with all that beam but want to see if anyone experiences more upsea pounding in chop/heavy seas with that added beam.

Also- if you are selling a 2007 or newer 232, I may be interested in buying.

Sandbard 228G.JPG

Keitha

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
The fish box is pretty big. I wish I had the problem of even coming close to maxing it's capacity.
Mine measures at 58" x 22"

On the up-sea ride: in SoCal we get a decent swell and wind chop. I think the 232 handles very well. It rides great when you drop the trim tabs 25% - 50% and let the weight of the boat work for you.

Where are you located?

Mgaul1

Reaction score
I'm in Hawaii. Thanks for the info...do you know how deep the box is?

I've been reading nothing but great stuff about the 232 ride, sounds like upsea is no different - like all Grady's just have to find it's happy place with the tabs and trim.

I wonder if there's any deck voids in the 232 similar to the 228, the one on mine allowed me to make a pretty huge fish box that can easily fit three 150+ lbers.

Here's a pic of what we did:
228 fish box.JPG

Keitha

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
The box is 16" deep.
There certainly are some voids under the deck.

1.jpg

Rlloyd

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
My 2003 Gulfstream rides very well in a 2-3' headsea. I use the tabs to level the boat side-to-side, and use motor trim at about 2 bars (25%?) to keep the bow slightly up. I can run about 16 knots in that configuration. Over 3', I'm dropping it down to 10 knots. Our water (Monterey Bay) is generally choppier with shorter period swell than SoCal.