Gulfstream 232g Survey and Scupper issue?

Socalinsd

Reaction score
As much as I love my 208 adventure, I'm finally ready to move up a bit in size. (2 foot itis!) Anyway, I just had a sea trial completed on an older 232g (SeaV2) I'm thinking about purchasing. It has twin 150 4 strokes (487lbs each) on it and the scuppers are pretty much underwater by a good inch. No signs of water or delamination in the transom or bracket. Is this a common issue on the 1990s Gulfstreams and/or how can I mitigate this other than trying to shift some weight around? Everything else on the boat seems to be checking out ok. Thanks for any help on this!

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
My 1993 Gulfstream with twin Yamaha 175 HPDI 2 strokes, sits with the scuppers about 1 inch below the water line under normal load. It has float ball valves attached to the scuppers to minimize water coming up into the deck when standing in the drain areas. The ball valves work well at preventing that back flow.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Pretty much standard from what I've seen. You can get the thru hulls with the balls or flaps or place a one way valve in the hose just inside the hull. Make sure those hoses are in good shape and double clamped for safety.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Same with my old Gulfstream with twin 200's. The scuppers were partially submerged and it never mattered in my 10 years of ownership. The deck would always drain fine.

Agree with Fishtales, get the hoses checked and make sure they're safe.