Gulfstream Compass

4/0

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 92 232G Gulfstream. Bought her in 2010, put her in my shop and gutted her. Runs great and I have 2 Yamaha 150 4 strokes on the back.
I never replaced the compass, had oil in it until now, it all leaked out. Boat is at the coast and I am up here in the mountains.
Would any of you know the diameter of the compass? I would like to order one and take back down with me next run.

Thanks,

Butch

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I do not know the specific model. Actually, you may want to wait and check on this yourself - since you haven't had it since new, there's no way to know if a previous owner changed something around.

However, if it's a Ritchie compass, Ritchie has an excellent refurbishing program.

4/0

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Compass is a Saturn. Original equipment. I was hoping someone might know the diameter. Boat is 5 hours away. Just want to pull it and hook up the wires to a new unit.

Thanks,

Butch

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I would imagine that going back to '92, there probably won't be anything in the manual such as a parts list. But I'm sure if you contacted Grady, that they would know. But, if memory serves, Saturn was sold/bought once or twice and then eventually discontinued about 5 years ago. Although, I also recall something about them being under the Danforth name (who is actually owned by Rule pumps (ITT). Meaning, you may not get an exact replacement - but, hopefully you can find another brand that will fit the same hole. If not, it's no big deal to make the hole a little bigger or to make a trim plate if you need a smaller hole.

You might try simply googling for Saturn compasses and see if you can't come up with one (old pictures/specs) that looks like yours. Or, take a look at some pictures of your dash, and maybe you can estimate well enough based on other (known) dimensions of other things. Worst case, just tell whatever marine store you're buying from that you're not sure what is going to fit - buy two or three and then return the ones that don't fit.