Gulfstream engine positon

Gulfstream23

Reaction score
Hi everyone, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tim from the Cheasapeake Bay, Magothy River and it's my second week of boat ownership. Proud new owner of a 1990 Gulfsteam 23 with Yamaha F250 four stroke. So far I love the boat and motor, she really purrs. Only issue I have so far is how far the motor sits down into the water on the Grady bracket. It looks ok when just setting or trolling, but getting onto or off plane the sea water comes half way up the engine cowling.

Is it because the modern four stroke is to heavy for it? I assumed not as I don't think the F250 would be heaver than twin engines, even if they are two strokes. Is this somewhat normal for a full transom boat when the motor is on a bracket? The boat is great, it just scares me to see how high the water comes up on motor, it doesn't look right.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
:welcome

Congrats on your new boat..!

Does it look like this? - sea trial starts about 3:00 into the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psH3UYz1kA4

Sometimes those brackets get water in them - try cutting and pasting the following line in your regular Google window to see what you can find:

"Grady bracket" water site:greatgrady.com

Stonewall

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. I have that same model and I'm up in Cypress Creek. I have twin 200's 4 strokes and it sits low in the water also. I have never had a problem - even offshore with how the water creeps up on take off.