Gulfstream F250 Propeller - Must Read

heycharlie

Reaction score
Ken, at prop Gods,, While I did not follow His exact recommendations, ( because I just could not see dropping 4") I stayed real close, He was right on the money!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Larry, I know you are happy with the lower pitch 3 blade prop. Ken hooked me up with a 4 blade prop for my boat and what a difference in performance . I really like the 4 blade prop on my boat ...overall everything improved performance wise. Good to hear your boat is doing much better with the new wheel on her.

lgusto

Reaction score
Glad to hear some folks have been helped by this thread.

I had some big problems with my 250 once it got over 2,000 hours. I believe the long term stress on the engine led to an early demise. I fished the boat constantly always running close to 5,000 RPMs which delivered around 25kts with a typical load.

In February I finally bit the bullet and went to a 2013 Canyon 306 with twin 300s. It does about 30kts at 4,300 RPM so hopefully these motors will last a bit longer.

Larry

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Ouch. How many hours when you ran into problems. 5000 with that 17P prop would definitely be like running up hill hard !