Gulfstream Lives!!!!

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
billonlakemichigan-1.jpg

billindowntownchicago-1.jpg

Shots are the Chicago Skyline..We went across form New Buffalo, Michigan 43 miles to The Windy City.
The Gulfstream Rocks!! With all due respect, a MUCH better boat than my 22 Seafarer. Cruised at 32-34 MPH at 4000-4300 gettin 1.8 to 1.9 MPG.

Only big surprise was the 10,000 LBS it weighed in at with full fuel, gear and
trailer..Thereby necessitating a full-ton diesel Dodge to pull it, increasing my total investment by another 35K..
I am REAL excited..

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Well...

I was excited...

My friend tried really hard to post these pics...

Crap.....

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Fishin' Rod..
I'm with you, I loved my 22 also..
I was trying to convey, (and maybe not tactfully) the big difference between the 23 Gulfstream and the 22 Seafarer.
I'm sure the 9'3" Beam plays a part, but the ride, weight and stability is lots more for just one foot difference in length.

Thanks to my bud Roland Carney for posting the shots since I'm incapable of doing it.
Thanks to all on this board that answered my questions and gave me ideas when I was tossing around purchasing the boat.
My conclusions so far...
1.) GET TWINS..Preferably 200's, but AT LEAST 150's.
2.) If you trailer, have a one-ton dual-wheel, or a maxed-out 3/4, preferably diesel power.
3.) Perfect your anchoring skills..It costs hundreds to fill the boat up.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Very nice boat! Congrats!

I just miss the outriggers but I suppose those are not very common on Great Lakes boats. On the coast we use both outriggers and downriggers.

Outriggers just make a boat look "fishing". Where do you fly your crusing flags :D

Average Joe

Reaction score
That's a beautiful rig, congratulations. I'd love to move up to the Gulfstream but with gas prices the way they are I will have to be content with my 208 with single 150 power.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Mega;
I guess I'll mount a flag to one of the rodholders or something..
There are a few Grady-Great-Lakers with outriggers..I opted to not get them as I am not a(Sorry!)Big-time fisherman.
Joe;
The 208 is a real cool boat. My first test-ride in a Grady ever was a 208,pre-Seav2.) You probably get double my mileage...