Gulfstream Owners with Bunk Trailers

Finatic

Reaction score
I just purchased a used boat trailer to handle my 2000 Gulfstream. My boat is in the water and I want to adjust the bunks as close as possible before pulling the boat. The dealer did not offer any real assistance. If there are any Gulfstream owners that use a bunk trailer, could you please let me know how wide you have your bunks set? Thanks in advance.

Brigator

Reaction score
I use a bunk trailer for hurricane and maintenance haul outs so I do not know off the top of my head. But I know when I got the trailer and when I got my lift I called Grady and they emailed me the exact dimensions to set the bunks of both so they rest on the stringers. Call Grady, they are very friendly. or PM me you email and I can send you the attachment they sent me

Finatic

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I spoke with Grady today and they recommended that the bunks be set at either 35" or 61". Somewhat concerned that 35" may make the boat too tipsie on the trailer and 61" may have the hull hitting the crossmembers while loading and unloading. Any idea where you set your bunks?

Also, on a side not I saw one of your other posts stating that with the f150s you we seeing 2.2-2.5mpg. On my offshore trips I'm usually between 1.8-2.3mpg, which isn't bad but I'm always looking for better. What props are you running? Thanks.

Brigator

Reaction score
LCG, Bunk, and Buttock Locations

MODEL LCG FROM TRANSOM/KEEL INTERSECTION BUNK LOCATIONS OFF OF CENTER LINE (X) BUTTOCK LOCATION AND STRAIGHT LENGTH
232 88.32 17.5 or 30.5 B14 St 80 aft, B28 St 69 aft

NOTES: >LCG's are approximations at full weight condition of boat w/ largest engine package available.
>Bunks cannot land on strakes.
>Bunk locations rest under stringer locations to support the entire boat structure – generally,
as there are usually two sets of stringers per model this gives two bunk location options.

These are the numbers I gave to my marina and trailer guy. The trailer is in storage right now so I cant go measure. I can stop by it some time this week and give some hard measurements. I will post them later. As for mpg, it all depends on conditions. In all weather I have been out in so far I am getting about 2 mpg. My best on flat water with a little load and good trim was 2.5. I have yamaha 3 blade stainless steel 17 pitch. I tried Powertech 17 pitch 4 blades but it seemed like she was dragging her ass. I wouldnt sweat the 1.8-2.3. MPG in a boat can vary and so can the instruments.

Finatic

Reaction score
Thanks, it would be great if you could provide me with some more specific measurements when you get the chance. I just bought the trailer used so I making a few repairs/modifications and I hope to pull the boat for the season in the next few weeks.

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Mine are just over 60 inches measured to the outside. The bunks are 4 inches wide