Gulfstream Porta Potty

Frank Ross

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hi. I just purchased a 2006 Gulfstream in great shape. She came with a porta potty but no manual or directions. I can't seem to find a link on how it works/empties. In the interim, I am going to buy some potty liners. Appreciate any help.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Get the manufacturer and model number. Search online. You should find the manuals. Most manufacturers are putting them online now. If not, reach out directly to them. I'm sure someone will get you a link or email it to you.

artodea

Reaction score
Not sure what Grady did with the porta-potty plumbing in '06, but 10 years earlier, this is how it was set up:

A "Y" valve located under a pry-out plate in the compartment under the first step in the cabin directs the flow either to the pump-out port on the port companionway deck - or the mascerator pump under the compartment under the port side helm seat (accessible for repair/replacement by removing the two-drawer compartment). To use the mascerator, you also need to open the seacock at the thruhull in the same general area as the "Y" valve - just below it. To meet CG regulations your "Y" valve is likely zip-tied into the pump-out position, or a lock-out mechanism is necessary.

Some were plumbed only with a pump-out, in which case there is no mascerator switch on your dash panel and no Y valve and everything goes straight to the pump-out port. A vent hose goes through the hull on the port side just under the rub rail.

An '06 hull in great shape likely means your hoses are original, which means it's something to keep an eye (or nose) on....

Good luck and congrats on your recent purchase.
Art

Reactions: Dukke

Coach1575

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Not trying to hijack OP thread but I have another Gulfstream Porta Potty question. Recently purchased a Gulfstream with a true portable potty. The type that you physically remove from the boat to empty. I need to replace it and was wondering if anyone has found a suitable replacement that has the clamp holders to secure it in place. It is a Coleman # 827 802T. I have reached out to Coleman but it has been discounted. My apology to OP not meaning to hijack you.

Frank Ross

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It's OK to HiJack. The one onboard is a portable, removable plastic porta potty. I will be out this Memorial weekend and will check and see if there is a manufacturer name on it. F

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I see this is your first post, so I'll 'try' to be gentle... ;)

I don't know which brand you have, but it doesn't really matter for this purpose. You can go to Dometic's or Thetford's website (the two most common brands), for example, and you might find a manual. But, this is as about as dirt simple as simple gets.

-- Fill the top section with water
-- Pump a little water into bowl
-- Do your thing
-- Pull handle to flush (well, 'drop')
-- Add a little deodorant chemical if you want
-- Use only RV TP
-- Disconnect top from bottom to take bottom section to a land toilet to empty
-- Should I remind you to first lift the lid... or can you figure that part out? Hey, I did 'try'... ;)

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Coach... Dometic or Thetford are good ones to look at. Whether they fit the existing the hold down brackets or screw holes - chances are better that they don't. But if they don't, what does it matter? It takes 2 minutes to fill the old holes with some caulk and a screw, then 5 minutes to attache the new hardware. The overall footprint is all roughly the same - I doubt that will come into play. But you can double check before ordering, if you want, with a tape measure.

Bumpye

Reaction score
My 2003 came with a Sanipottie. I replaced it with a West Marine which is made by Sanipottie. Everything identical, the hold down clamps lined right up with the floor brackets. Everything DennisG01 said is correct. When you separate the two halves to empty out the bottom, there is a handle in the front so you can carry it. Mine leaked which is why I replaced it. Be advised most if not all Marinas don't want you dumping the contents down their toilets. Find a pump out station instead.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Just some 'potty' talk... Sanipottie is Dometic's line of basic porta-potty's. Although, depending on how old it is, it may have actually been a SeaLand product. Dometic bought out Sealand a few years ago.

Coach1575

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Just a follow up. I purchased the one from West Marine. Everything fit perfect, even the brackets lined up. Thanks for the info