Gulfstream Question

Gulfstream G

Reaction score
A question for any Gulfstream owners out there. Can anyone tell me the clearance under the deck plate closest to the aft bench seat? I am considering putting in a flush mount table pedestal in my 2002 Gulfstream, but the mounting plate requires about 4 inches of clearance below the deck. I don't think the gas tank extends that far back, but my boat is still wrapped so I can't check it myslef yet.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if you open the bench seat hatch and stick your head down in there, you will notice it is open almost down to the hull. there is no bulkhead between that area and the rear of the bilge. ron

paulyjsob

Reaction score
I don't know the exact measurement, but here is a picture I took of my 2000 Gulfstream (I believe there were no changes between 2000-2002). Anyway, the picture was taken from forward hatch looking towards the transom. If looks like there is plenty of clearance. Judging by the 2x4 that's screwed in, I'd say there's around 10" from the floor to the tank.

Attachments

• P1030525.JPG
    P1030525.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 760

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
if you took the picture from forward, that bulkhead in the rear is actually between the gas tank compartment and the compartment just forward of the rear seat (at least on an '02) that i believe the op is asking about. never the less, he should have ample room. ron

cgmiller

Reaction score
Pauly,

Your underdeck area is amazingly clean, even for a 2000. When I peered under the deck of my 1990, I was afraid to touch anything in there let alone put my camera in there...the area he is talking about used to be reserved for the oil tanks, fuel filters and transfer pumps..or at least in my version of the boat it was..