Gulfstream question

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
With the boat shows coming up I was wondering what is a good price for a Gulfstream with twin 150s. My dealer has a single engine GS but from reading here that does not seem to be the way to go Thanks. PS If price is discussion is prohibited here I apologize.

yankeecause

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gulfstream price

viserdrum, I recently got a 1992 gulfstream w/ twin yamaha 150's , very clean, freshwater boat 560 hours for 28,ooo I feel I got a good deal. Take that for what its worth. Joe

primetime

Reaction score
2008 Gulfstream

I have a 2008 coming in 3 weeks. Prices were from 96k to 107k. No trailer. Just about all options. Hardtop, outriggers, twin 150's. This is my 4th grady and the dealer sold for 96k. Hope this helps.

NIGHTIDES

Reaction score
A single powered 232 is great especially now that there are several 300hp engines to select from. I am all for a clean used hull w/ fresh power.

Joe Huss: What year were those twins..?? Same as the hull..?? Thanks.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The performane numbers look pretty good on the Gulfstream with a 350. Fuel consumption not horrible when compared to twin engines, 32 MPS optimum cruing speed/

viperdrum

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
capt chris said:
Take a look at the web site of CrewsNII, the EX GW dealer in Jacksonville, FL. They have a new '07 Gulfstream for sale at a big discount.
www.crewsn2outboard.com

Thanks, yeah, saw that. Any idea why they are no longer a GW dealer?

grady23

Reaction score
Twins vs Single

Go for the twin 150s ---- You can run on 2 -- Troll on 1 saves fuel.
Boat will handle docking better with twins.
Standby if 1 engine goes out.
Better hole-shot -- my opinion some my argue this
I'm not sure how much your looking to spend -- new vs older
With spring comming you'll likely find boats on the market that weren't there last year given the state of the economy.
I feel my '97 is laid out great. EVERYONE that's ever fished my boat loves it. The Gulfstream can handle anything you would want to be out in. I've been in honest 5' ers in the Chesapeake with 35+ winds -- not that I wanted to be, but got caught there and got home with no problems. 40 foot+ Baybuilts were having trouble and I was out running them. I only wish I had the bigger Aux tank for the 180 total capacity. I only have 150 now. It would make running offshore and trolling longer possible without needing to carry extra fuel.

NIGHTIDES

Reaction score
Joe,

Nice deal.. Thanks for the reply.

Nightides