Gulfstream Steering Wheel - Edson Knob

bea5454

Reaction score
Does anyone know the diameter of a standard wheel? I would like to pick-up an Edson knob this weekend, but will not be able to measure in advance. Thank you.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The Edson knobs carried by West Marine adjust to accommodate most, I believe. It fit the wheel of my 2005 Journey just fine. It did have a habit of working its way loose over time, but a bit of Loctite on the self-adjusting screw threads cured that.

Rob

bc282

Reaction score
concur, Edson speed knobs are adjustable to most. i had to trim the set screw on mine to get it tight but Edson is the way to go if adding a speed knob as there are no protruding sharp stuff after install to catch clothing or scratch people.

i'll eventually sell mine since it sits in storage after i replaced the whole wheel with different one which had an integrated knob.

Current wheel has the knob on the main rim of the steering wheel but i think i prefer the know to be set in on a spoke as it has a habit of ending up in a "dangerous spot" that can cause the driver to hit a high "B flat" if not careful, if you know what i mean :doh

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I have an edson Knob. had one on my last 2 boats. should attach right on.