Gulfstream Year Questions - Transom Seat

nick1048

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know that the Gulfstream SV2 hulls started in 1992,. Does anybody know when they started with the built in seat in the transom? I don't know if it was the same year or later.

Any info would be appreciated. I couldn't find a definitive answer. I'm hoping to get another Gulfstream, and would prefer the built in seat vs the straight closed transom.

Thank you

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
My 1993 Gulfstream does not have the built in seat, so it wasn't in 1992. Mine has the fold down cutting table that converts to a seat.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
had a 96 and it had the seat- which is a very nice configuration, in my opinion better than what they do now.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I don't know offhand, but take a look through the brochures on Grady's site - you should be able to figure it out pretty easily that way.

Ted R

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I believe they changed the seat configuration in 2006.

nick1048

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I looked at a 2001 (deal fell through) that had the transom seat, so I know it’s at least that old. Apologies, I should have put that in my original post.

RJTFD

Reaction score
Changed the design in 06. I had a 2000 and configuration was way better in my opinion. The new setup makes it almost impossible to get a fish around the motors.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Changed the design in 06. I had a 2000 and configuration was way better in my opinion. The new setup makes it almost impossible to get a fish around the motors.
Agree with RJTFD, I like the built in much better that the foldway on te Gulfstream and the Sailfish.

nick1048

Reaction score
I’d only been looking at older models I guess. I didn’t even realize they had a folding seat in the newer ones. I like the built in seat that is cut into the transom.

It sounds like you agree, RJTFD and Legend?

I used to have an ‘88 and it was the straight across transom, with no seating. With a family now, I need additional seating to appease everyone.

nick1048

Reaction score
From looking through pics online, mainly listings, it looks like ‘94-‘05 were the years of the built-in transom bench seat.