GW 2012 Fisherman 230 Rear Starboard Well to Livewell Conversion

Capt.Kyle

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 230
It appears my "new to me" well was not ordered as a livewell, but it is blue, round and has a white threaded drain. Can this be converted to a livewell? Seems crazy that it was not ordered with a livewell! The boat did not come with a drain plug for this well. Short term I am on the search for a drain plug so I can at least use it as a cooler or fill it up with water from the raw water wash down. Anyone know the size of the drain and/or would a livewell stick screw in directly? Any info on this is much appreciated!! Below is a picture. Thank you

wrxhoon

Reaction score
You can buy a specially made PVC tube with fitting on the bottom and a grill on the top. The bottom is threaded and screws in to your outlet . She has a slot as well so when you want to let the water out you only unscrew it a little so your baitfish don't go down.
As for supply of raw water you can get a aerator pump with a second outlet that will fit on your seacock. Take off the raw water hose that's on there now fit it on the second outlet do the plumbing and electrical connections and you have both.
Here is a picture of mine :
This is a good pump to use :
1590210908564.png

Attachments

• 20200520_114441.jpg
    20200520_114441.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6