GW 208 Adventure Transom Mount Transducer Location

HiggyD

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have any pictures of where you mounted your transducer on your transom? I'm looking to install my new sonar this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Dan

CatTwentyTwo

Reaction score
Here's mine, you can see where I had it originally just to the right of where it is now. I don't know if it was because of turbulence from the pitot tube or what but I would loose the bottom at anything over about 5mph.
Based on the recommendation of an electronics dealer I moved it to the left a couple of inches and now it easily holds the bottom at 25mph.

It is mounted 13" from the center line of the boat to the center line of the transducer.

Good luck with your installation this weekend.

Attachments

• PA250003.jpg
    PA250003.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,507

HiggyD

Reaction score
Perfect!

Although, I was hoping to keep bottom up to about 35 mph. I'll probably have to do some testing.

Thanks!

Dan

HiggyD

Reaction score
Good to know. One more question, did you go through the hull or up over the slash well? With the plug, it seems like it would be an awfully big hole to drill.

Dan

seasick

Reaction score
I dont have a pic but I know where it is. I placed it about to the left of the starboard strake/ There is about 3 inches between the strake and the edge of the mount.
Losing bottom is common and can often be corrected by adjusting the height of the ducer AND it's angle. It needs to be parallel to the sea floor when the boat is at speed. Usually the height is set so that the bottom of the ducer is a bit (1/4 or thereabouts) below the level of the hull. Use a straight edge held along the hull to set the depth.
The location of the ducer n general needs to be in a place that does not get turbulent water flow so take a look under the hull and stay away from things like thru hulls ( you probably don't have any in the bottom), strainers for washdown and or livewell and trim tabs.
I find that the angle that works best for me is (Lowrance ducer mount) one click up on the back edge from level. I hold bottom on my 208 through just about all speeds ( except in reverse:))
My cable goes through the transom, yes the hole is a bit large but the clam-shell covers it. It looks better than running over the top and is not exposed to possible damage.