GW 225 Tournament 2005 250 Yamy

Johnny B

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
i bought boat at the end of last season. I noticed that boat lists to starboard slightly. Gas tank in middle, batteries in middle. Not much gear stowed last year. Any ideas, thanks

Doc Stressor

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That’s just propeller torque. It’s pretty common on many deep V hulls with single engines.

My 226 has always tilted to port. 3 bars on the trim tab levels it out.

If your boat lists at rest, that’s a different issue.

Reactions: PointedRose

Johnny B

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 225
That’s just propeller torque. It’s pretty common on many deep V hulls with single engines.

My 226 has always tilted to port. 3 bars on the trim tab levels it out.

If your boat lists at rest, that’s a different issue.
It lists at rest

seasick

Reaction score
I have a boat (bought used) that also lists to port at rest. I have never been able to determine why. Nothing seems wet or water logged.. It was stored on land for a few seasons before I bought it so I don't know if It has been that way since its birth .

igblack87

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 222
My old 180 listed to port at rest. it also had prop torque that made is list to port when under way. I didnt have excessive moister but had a battery, 2stroke oil well and swim ladder on the same side.

Can you give us some more detail? pictures? did you have a survey done before purchasing the boat regarding moister on the hull?

TommyGirl225

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Pictures will help. If you’re the only one on boat of course that means only your weight is added to starboard. Also are you lacking any of the heavy options on the port side like a head or back to back seating? Do you have both batteries installed correctly near centerline?

CBH IV

Reaction score
Ours lists slightly to starboard as well. Have the dual lounger seat on port. I think our is an issue of having tools, safety gear, washing supplies etc stored in the compartment ahead of the helm.