GW 228 & Venture 5400/23 Trailer Question

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I bought this set up used.. The trailer wants to fish tail.
I know the drill about the proper tongue weight.. THe only adjustment is sliding the tandems.. I was hoping to find someone with the same set up
who could tell me the position of the tandem that works for them.
Thanks in advance

G8RDave

Reaction score
Why can't you just move the boat forward a bit? I would hesitate to adjust the axles as there is a good chance of getting the alignment off center. All the Venture trailers I have seen have the standard style winch stand that can be moved forward or back. You probably don't need to move the boat much to get it centered right. Maybe a picture would help us.

Also, is the trailer level when hitched to your tow vehicle?

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
G8RDave said:
Why can't you just move the boat forward a bit? I

That was my first thought but the keel is a couple of inches from the end of the tongue tubing and it will hit if I go more than another inch forward.. I tried that inch and that did not do the trick

gw204

Reaction score
Move the rollers or bunks in towards the center of the trailer a bit. That will lift the boat up allowing you to slide it forward a bit more.

Post a pic if you can.

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Could someone possibly give me the ball to bowstop and bow to centerline of the tandems on a setup that you have that pulls well ??
Mine seems set up for a 226 not the 228 with the Gill Bracket

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
gw204 said:
Move the rollers or bunks in towards the center of the trailer a bit. That will lift the boat up allowing you to slide it forward a bit more.

Post a pic if you can.

That is probably the right answer.. I have the boat on a lift and will deal with this when I have it out next time. Was hoping to be able to do the adjustments without having to pull the boat
Thank you