GW 235 options

Bfisher665

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
Ordering a GW235 and need advise on what options to include.
we will mainly cruise in the Assawoman Bay in OCM and occasionally go fishing.
Boat will be stored on lift in season and moved to indoor storage for winter.
What covers do you recommend we order from factory or purchase from what local shop?

Coastboater

Reaction score
I would order the bow and tonneau covers. My 215 is lift-kept and I have those two. Need to make sure you can get off the boat after fastening the tonneau cover at the stern.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Get the upgrade passenger seat with the power sliding feature. Way better than the standard flat seat with movable backrest. The auto rear sunshade is also highly recommended.

McBobKC

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
While it might seem excessive at first, adding the Yamaha Helm Master Autopilot, WITHOUT the Joystick, is a great add that you will use more than you might think

rocketguy88

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I have the 236 Fisherman, not the 235 but my comment should still apply. Order the LaPorte Products T-Top boat cover. I have one for my 236 and keep my boat on trailer behind my house. It'll drape down over the sides to the waterline and will offer you better protection IMO than the smaller, separate covers. I have the sky blue gelcoat option (don't remember the name - but it's not celestial blue and GW doesn't offer it anymore) and the cover covers all of the gelcoat that's needed to protect it from the sun.

I ordered the windlass option, but now that I have a GPS trolling motor I don't ever use the anchor anymore. I will never have another boat without a GPS trolling motor. I had my cover slightly modified to cover over the trolling motor as you can see in the picture on the stbd bow.20231221_090210 (Medium).jpg

Reactions: jep1

Windy50

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
We have the sink option that I like. It interferes with the gunwhale fishing rod holders but I value the sink more.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
We have the sink option that I like. It interferes with the gunwhale fishing rod holders but I value the sink more.
I wish mine came with that.

GWcpa

Reaction score
I have a 235 with all canvas except for the aft drop curtain. I have the aft slant back /camper canvas instead.
3 sided curtains are a must.
I second the T-top cover. It’s relatively easy to to install (even on lift) and provides better better coverage and ventilation than the tonneau /cockpit cover.
I’ve got a cockpit tonneau but doubt I’ll use it much. I will likely not remove the front and side curtains so it will not be of much use.

Get the flush head if any woman will use the boat.

I’ve got the electro slide companion seat. Not sure I’m sold on it. The standard lounge has storage under it which I wish I had. I may even prefer a port companion helm seat.

Imo the sink is a waste of space.

And lastly I’d wait to see the performance with the new F350 and order it.