GW 248 Gas Struts?

Greyduk

Reaction score
I just acquired a 99 248. The gas strut for the hatch cover above the battery compartment (rear seat) is missing. Does anyone have info on what I need to find a replacement? Thanks
GW Rear Seat.jpg

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
These are very easy to source - either online or at pretty much any marine store - so that part is easy/good. The next thing you'll need to know is the ball diameter (probably 10MM), open/closed length and the 'pounds' of lift. I 'think' this is all listed in your owner's/parts manual. But a call to Grady will give you that info, as well. Although the easiest/quickest thing to do is to get it from your local dealer, once you have the specs you can get it just about anywhere. Prices will range based on brand/style (painted, SS, hybrid, etc).

Fishtales

Reaction score
yea. search the threads in the tips section. there are a few threads on them.

wireline

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
I recently purchased a 2000, 248 Voyager. I replaced two of mine they are the same as your fish boxes, about 50.00 through Grady dealer, new ones are stainless.
I took one off and had it matched up if not mistaken size was 7". But like other guys said check around probably get them cheaper than I did.
Enjoy the new Boat, its an awesome rig.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Here is the size and force required for the 248 aft hatch.20190407_113942.jpg