GW 265 Express Air Conditioning...

bartoma

Reaction score
I've seen a thread or two referencing this idea, but no confirmation that anyone actually installed an M5 or similar small AC unit in a 265 Express...

I confirmed that GW never offered this boat with AC, so they had no guidance regarding a suitable approach...

Only place that seems feasible is the area below the port deck, adjacent to the fresh water tank... Access via removal of the drawer unit between the stairs and the head...

Thoughts?

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Bartoma: This doesn't really answer your question but doesn't require another hole in the hull for a cooling pump either...

Faced with the same questions on my 282, but figuring I would only use the AC on my occasional boat trips, I bought a very small 6500btu portable room AC. It plugs into a 115v/15w outlet in the cabin, but is only powered by shore power. Wasn't as hard as I first thought to strap it down so it doesn't move on bumpy days.

Rob

Sea Shift

Reaction score
Bartoma, I have the exact boat you have and I do have an AC unit. I dont have alot of info on it except to say that it is mounted under the bunks up front and has a raw water line running all the way up to it from the rear builge. If you want more details let me know.

Micholetti

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Bartoma, I have the exact boat you have and I do have an AC unit. I dont have alot of info on it except to say that it is mounted under the bunks up front and has a raw water line running all the way up to it from the rear builge. If you want more details let me know.
Hi Bartoma & Sea Shift- I'm currently going thru a paint/fiberglass re-fit & will be taking delivery of my 265 in 2-3 weeks. I'm also interested in AC install details. I've been pondering the Mabru 12v 5kbtu units along with Lithium Ion battery(s). My initial thoughts are AC placement under the forward bunk between the refrigerator & water heater. Possibly using the existing baitwell thru-hull pickup with 3-way valve for a cooling water feed line. Also a similar plan for the discharge line using the macerator head discharge thru-hull with a 3-way valve. This is all theoretical at this point since I don't actually have my boat yet to gauge access points.
Sea Shift- I would very much appreciate details re: how your setup was engineered. Possibly some pics including air duct inlet/outlets would be awesome!

bartoma

Reaction score
Yea, would like to know more about you installation - water pump location, power, and how you route/locate the air intake/output...

bartoma

Reaction score
Would still like some insight on installation on a 265 Express... There just doesn't seem to be sufficient space for everything - would love to know how it's actually been done...