GW 268 oil question

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Talking to a broker in FL about a 268 he has listed I was told that the boat had the oil injection system disabled and the owner mixes oil directly into the gas tank. This is a new one on me. The boat is a 1997 with 2 Evenrude 150's hours unknown.

any one care to comment on this arrengement?
dw

Pete1313

Reaction score
Good question!

I say run away - to me, pre-mix is a pain and very inaccurate-- particularly when trying to pre-mix 150 gallons of fuel. Also, if you ever want to switch to an oil injected or 4 stroke, you'll probably have to get new tanks and fuel lines.

There are so many deals out there right now, you can find the boat you want.

B'ham is great-- love it here. How long have you been in AZ?

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We moved from BLI in 1998. We lived on S. State next to Red Haskel.

I've been looking for "deals" for over 2 months. I've had a couple of close calls but haven't connected yet. I want a mid 90's 268. This one has a 28,500. price tag. Can't the oil injection system be restored and wouldn't surveyor conducted sea trial uncover any performance problems with the engines"

If anyone knows of a hot deal on a 268 I'm a ready cash buyer!
yb

Pete1313

Reaction score
Check out this thread on the forum....don't know what year the boat is though

http://www.greatgrady.com/forum/viewtop ... bf488ef293

Don't know what your budget or desire for options (hardtop etc) is, but a quick search of Yachtworld.com just showed a few. There is one in Massachusets w/ twin Yammie SS for 29k. No hardtop, but it does have a radar arch

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... 26704&url=

There are a few others in that range as well-- both have twin johnsons on them.

Good luck! I just bought a 1997 Voyager 248 from southern cali, sight unseen-- but had a full mechanical inspection/report and I hired a surveyor to do a detailed survey and sea trial.....the boat should be in B'ham on the 12th. If you need any advice or info on buying long distance...I just went through it, so don't hesitate to PM me.

bberry

Reaction score
Yellow Boy said:
We moved from BLI in 1998. We lived on S. State next to Red Haskel.
Hi Yellow Boy,
I Have a 1995 -268 Islander that is Loaded with many Options. Hard Top, Radar, Color GPS, Color Fish finder, No Bottom Paint in VGC with Twin 200 Saltwater Series Yamahas with 620 Hours on motors and a 2002 Aluminum Float on Trailer with new S/S Disc Brakes . Will sell for 33,000 all is in VGC and Motors run well. If you are Interested I Have lots of pictures on the Boat Trader listing #96422380 or Anglers Edge Marine Listing. Look for 1995 Grady White 268 - Islander located in Chesapeake, Virginia Or call me if you have Questions 757-618-6282
I've been looking for "deals" for over 2 months. I've had a couple of close calls but haven't connected yet. I want a mid 90's 268. This one has a 28,500. price tag. Can't the oil injection system be restored and wouldn't surveyor conducted sea trial uncover any performance problems with the engines"

If anyone knows of a hot deal on a 268 I'm a ready cash buyer!
yb

Yellow Boy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I am presently in the midst of a deal awaiting survey reports. If it falls apart I'll look up your boat.
thx yb