GW 275

grantmey

Reaction score
I took delivery of a new GW 275 with hardtop and twin F250s yesterday. She is amazing and a big step up from the GW 225. I will attempt to post pics on the forum soon. I wanted to share with individuals who would appreciate my excitement!

A special thanks to Crocker's Marine and their staff at Wrightsville Beach.

Get the Grady!

:)

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat. I think you will find the F250's will move that hull very well.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Sounds like you have that feeling we all got as kids with a cool new toy that becomes elusive as an adult!!! Congratulations to you, with 500 hp that thing must fly. I will keep an eye out for the photos. Its very exciting to hear you say that the boat is everything that you expected and more!!!

Mine will launch two weeks from yesterday.

capt chris

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Ohio River Louisville, Ky./Lake Cumberland, Ky
Congratulations on your new 275. Isn't it fun to still get really excited about something? I pick up my new 225 May 23rd and the wait is driving me crazy. It's like Christmas Eve for a month!
The 275 should be great for your area. I have a friend who used to have a house @ Figure 8 and we used to go there in the summer. I really like your locale. Every one on this site says how great Crocker Marine is. I just wish they weren't 13 hours away.
I look forward to seeing your pictures!

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey Grant (I assume that is your name from your handle),

That is GREAT news! I have followed you questions on two boards as you narrowed down your decisions on the boat, power, electronics. You can never have too much knowlege when making important decisions. A few quetsions.

o what did you decide for electronics?
o where will you keep her?

galaxie

Reaction score
Congrats, I too will take delivery on the Tournament 275 the last week of this month. I am pumped... I went with the single new 350 Yam after test driving the twin 150"s and single 350. Deliberated between the twin 200's and single 350. Oddly single 350 gets more top speed then the twin 200's which gets only nominal additional top over twin 150's. My usage suits the single well. The twin 250's should be a great deal of fun and solid offshore performer. HAVE FUN!

SlimJim

Reaction score
Congrats on your new boat! I would love to see some pictures!! :D

mronzo

Reaction score
I like the 275! Good luck with it!

Is the 275 the same hull as the discontinued Islander?

grantmey

Reaction score
She is kept in a slip at Wrightsville Beach, on a lift.

I am waiting for the Furuno NavNet 3D system to arrive. So, I am running without electronics for about 3 weeks. VHF and Sirius stereo are enough to keep me occupied for a while.

Has anyone had problems with the Kenwood Commanders? (the stereo remotes)

They are replacing both of them on Monday. Intermittent response/power.

I did notice a difference with the twins over the single F350. The boat felt like it was rocking or teetering side to side with the single motor, even with adjusting the trim tabs.

Thanks to all of you who helped answer questions over the last year. Your input assisted in my decision making process.

This is a great forum. Keep it up.

-Grant

gregsteph

Reaction score
Grant -
Congratulations! I saw the boat last Monday at Crocker's service shop, and wondered who the lucky dog was. Awesome set up. Have fun.

We had both remotes replaced after delivery of our 275 -- same issue with intermittent response and power. A closer inspection revealed a small crack in the rear remote, which might have been the cause. I wondered whether they got torqued around a little during transport or install. After replacement, both have worked fine.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Follow the manual. It recommends varying speed to help all the parts seat and keeping the throttle somewhat down for the first 10 ? hours. It is explained pretty well. At 20 hours there is a service then you can run as you please. Good luck!