GW customer service?

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
Did GW's customer service go down the crapper since covid? Prior to covid when i had a question, would get a response from the factory rep. (I forgot her name but she was very good) within a couple of days. Sometimes the same day.
Over a week ago I reached out to the factory with a question I had in regards to the Yamaha DEC binnacle control box in my boat after consulting with a dealer. The dealer could not answer my question and suggested I contact the factory. No response from the factory. Maybe the premium we paid for the reputed outstanding factory service is no longer worth it. Anyway, I managed to get the answers I needed independently.
Rant over.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Welcome to the future. Pay more, get less.
To be less cynical, a lot of people have been on spring break and are still digging out.

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
ive had no problems.

was you question about an actual grady component, or was it better suited for yamaha?

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
ive had no problems.

was you question about an actual grady component, or was it better suited for yamaha?
Was trying to determine exactly what control box was installed in my boat when it was manufactured. The dealer instructed me to contact the factory with my HIN and they could track exactly what went into my boat. This is not a big deal. I realize some things slip through the cracks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Seems like customer service for everything has really fallen down. Package sizes shrinking, more expensive for just about everything. To bring it back, I'm surprised at the prices of boats. At some point, the folks taking advantage will hit the point where it isn't a sustainable path. Then, they either innovate or die. Some will deserve the latter.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Prices go up when cost goes up. Material cost is up, labor cost is up, finance cost is up so no wonder boat prices are up as well. But having said that there are usually hefty margins in MSRP. We have noticed here that automotive dealers lots are full but no one is discounting yet, RV lots are full as well and boat delivery times are shortening. That is called inflation and some of it is hidden and not showing up in official numbers. Not hiding from buyers though.
But real question is will people be able to afford discretionary spending like that.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm guessing close to 50% margins today on new boats. Was 35% not that long ago. People keep buying.