GW Gulfstream 232 Transom Ladder Mod?

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Hello all,
I am waiting for summer and for our country to get back to normal (or at least more normal).
One of the mods I am considering to change the transom ladder on my 2004 Gulfstream 232 with twin 200 hp Yamaha's. I find it difficult to climb into the boat via transom. The ladder is on the port side and is narrow. It was probably designed because the spacing from the original OB and the ladder was tight. With new 200h I4 motors, it increases the spacing a little. I am also thinking it could be relocated to the port side on the edge of the transom. Has anyone else done something like this or if has any better ideas?

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
How many steps does your current ladder have? My 1993 Gulfstream original ladder only had two steps, so I added a four step model in its place. That helped tremendously with getting out of the water on to the swim platform.

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Mine has 4 steps. They are only about 10" wide. I am considering thinking about moving it to the end of the platform (board ladder from port side). Or, I may just add a handle on the transom (just below deck).
Thanks for your reply.

DogBone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I do have a handle mounted by the ladder that helps. It is mounted just above the rub rail.

Reactions: coldpizza

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If you want a really nice ladder, check out GG Schmitt & Sons. They are a top quality company and have excellent customer support... and their ladders come with a lifetime warranty. They even have a couple ladders where the bottom rung is the widest one. Some of them have a handle that is integrally mounted at the top, too.

Reactions: coldpizza

TomBellow

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I do have a handle mounted by the ladder that helps. It is mounted just above the rub rail.
Would you send images of where the handle is located and any details about how you installed it? Thanks