GW Replacement Spray Hose + Pump

Tom Frutos

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 225
I need to replace the spraydown hose + pump and all associated hardware to make it happen. Are there any factory GW replacements kits for my 2011 Freedom 225 that exist?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I need to replace the spraydown hose + pump and all associated hardware to make it happen. Are there any factory GW replacements kits for my 2011 Freedom 225 that exist?
Sure. "Hello, local dealer, I need the following things..." Pay and pick-up. :)

Otherwise, no, there is no "kit". Figure out the products you need and order accordingly. You can buy washdown kits - but they're going to have all the wiring, hose between pump and washdown and such. You said "all associated hardware"... not sure what that means.

However, are you positive that you need all that? That's strange to need all that for something that's only 10 years old. Maybe some better detective/diagnostics is needed to figure out what you need before spening all that money and time?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd take the head off and then turn the pump on. My guess is the pump is fine and the prob is with the sprayer. They seem to go now and then or split (in NE) if not winterized properly.
Can find the spray head on line and it just screws on. Pick out the want you have and then shop it via Amazon or the web.

Reactions: SmokyMtnGrady

mdscole

Reaction score

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I am with fishtales and Dennis on this one. I have replaced the spray head twice on my 08 put into service 09 . You should hear the pump initially turn on and pressure up . it's like an RV system on demand,but you likely already know this.

You can dissemble the the head and clean the debris out of the screen too if flow appears to be the issue. I am probably going to buy a new assembly this season. The little spring loaded valve isn't closing fully and pressing down is getting difficult too. Anyway, is the pump truly bad? Or is the water flow just minimal?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
IF THE PUMP RUNS, there is a screen filter where the hose from the tank attaches to the pump. That is assuming your wash down is fresh water. If so, what is your output at the sink?
Mine was pretty clogged. Take it off, the filter comes apart to access the screen, and flush it out. My output doubled.
If you have raw water wash down, you should also have a filter before the pump.