GW sailfish 282 2007 replacement trim tabs

Fredbrad

Reaction score
Good evening, my original ttabs short actuators A1200S are leaking and I like to do a replacement , they are the ones with the old electrical wires and old display, what would be the best recommendation for a modern replacement keeping the metal tabs ?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If they are that old, what kind of display are you referring to? The wiring harness was pretty standard, and accommodates a variety of the switches, with no display. You could fill in the pieces however you want.
I'm in the KISS school with tabs, no indicators, auto retract or displays.

Fredbrad

Reaction score
If they are that old, what kind of display are you referring to? The wiring harness was pretty standard, and accommodates a variety of the switches, with no display. You could fill in the pieces however you want.
I'm in the KISS school with tabs, no indicators, auto retract or displays.

This one IMG_2037.jpeg

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I would offer $40 for the first one in the link I posted, and accept whatever he counter-offered. He has another used one, but it still has the label on it, so maybe not too old. Looks to be the same 9 inch measurement. Offer $60 for both, and go boating. Or, you can replace the top cap and seal for about $30 a side. They just screw off and on.
If you are just looking to upgrade, you have choices out there.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It likely just needs a new o-ring... assuming you are talking about it leaking at the actuator?

Otherwise, go right to the source (Bennett) and call them and see what kind of upgrades you do.