GW support times slowing down? GW future??

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have been a GW owner for 6 years or so, started with a 330 Express and moved up to a 360 Express and have been waiting for the new "400 Express" to be announced...... (or whatever it will be....)

But I can tell the economy is taking a toll. My calls / emails used to be responded to within 24-48 hours. Now its more like a week, in the latest case, over a week, to get an email reply; or in my last request, still waiting. Is it me, or has anyone else noticed the slowdown?

While there are things about my 360 I would definitely change, the GW service culture and support was what kept me from going to Cabo or maybe even YellowFin. But if thats gone, well, what is the reason ANYONE would spend the $$ for GW? There are lots of other boats out there that are good quality, but with no service or support what does GW offer for all the extra $$$$?

Wake up Chris and GW Mgt team, you have ONE base to build on - SERVICE and SUPPORT - you let that die, you are no better than any of the other builders....

Just my .02 ........

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I called them couple of days ago and i got my questions answered on the spot. I called twice on the same day for different questions and spoke to two different people, so i guess customer service still there full time.

ocdansar

Reaction score
I have a 330 and I have a buddy with a Cabo 31 and I can run away from him in any sea, and that Cabo is one wet boat, be patient these are tuff times I,m sure at least I hope I am that GW will survive.

Z4J

Reaction score
cut them some slack

All retailers are hurting, expenses going up, problems mounting with employees who are having their hours cut, less money in the till. We should cut all retailers some slack, they are in survival mode and the last thing they need is an expanding base of complaining customers.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I left a message last week and got a return call within three hours.

Two dealers told me that their staff is now working a three day week so, if true, that could add to a wait on the resaponse time depending upon when you all or email. I was told they are staffed only Monday - Wednesday in customer service.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
it might depend on the question you asked. i sent an email Friday afternoon and got my response yesterday morning. it was about hardtop thickness and thickness of the radio box bottom on the 330. i have asked very technical questions in the past that did require them to do some research and that did delay the response time.

as far as production, i know they just finished my 330 as it is now sitting in the dealer's lot (waiting for my marina to open). gw builds to order so if the flow slows down from dealers they cut back. i'm hoping the fact that it is privately owned gives them a leg up on weathering this storm. in my discussions with the team down there, they feel that they will get through this as they have done in the past. i believe the most important thing is that EVERYBODY is feeling the downturn, not just gw. so it shouldn't be taken as a reflection on the brand (or boating). ron

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW is indeed running a 3 day production week to weather the economy. They are trying to maintain their employees through a reduced schedule rather then layoffs. GW cares very much about their workers. I've heard some individual stories of helping families from the management staff. They all pitch in to help one another during these tough times.

GW will continue to maintain their loyal customer base and excellent customer service. They sent a factory technican to my dealer recently to address a cabin liner issue that the dealer was having problems repairing. Note this is my boat which is 5 1/2 years old and technically out of warranty. Anyone who has doubts about GW's committment to customers should tour the factory and/or meet with them at a boat show.

You might want to take the suggestions from others and call Mon-Wed. I believe only the management team works the entire week. Good luck, Sel.

BTW: The president spells her name Kris.

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
Chris or Kris, 3 day work week or 5- if you've moved from a 330 to 360 there should be no delay in response time, that is a valued customer. i'm not saying that GW doesn't or shouldn't value all its customers, we all know they do, but something's not right there.

Like others have alluded to i'm sure this is a fluke incident, but i'd be interested to hear the response from GW on this one...

michaellmarcus

Reaction score
I just bought new Marlin and have had 3 minor questions for GW over the past few weeks. Twice I got Support immediately on the call, and on the third was called back within a few hours.
This is my 3rd Grady after having a new Cabo 35 inbetween the 2nd and 3rd Gradys. I had a lot of problems with the Cabo, some related to CAT, but Cabo related nonetheless. Once you go inboard you have ramped up your 'need to be a mechanic' requirement, though it was an interesting learning experience, it definitely raises the game.
I haven't seen a blip in service despite the slowdown.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
It's a part time operation.

I thoughr it was 2 or 3 days a week now.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You have to remember right now they are on reduced hours, so response time also varies depending on whan you contacted them, I believe they are only there 3 days a week for only a few hours a day so if you call on the wrong day, 5-6 days might not be unreasonable or uncommon. I have contacted them a few times in the last 2 months and have not had issues with timely responses and quality of the service as been as good as before. Honestly, service at other brands may not be much better since many brands are under slower hours as well, and some places are closed except for service, which really means you wonl't get much of any quality help. Unless engineers are in, quality answers to many more intricate questions won't come from general customer service staff.

Are you placing calls or emailing? A phone call will be much quicker, I have noticed by email they have gotten slower, but honestly if your looking for a real answer a phone call is the only way to go.

Tim67580

Reaction score
I have called them twice in the past two weeks, and both times I went straight from the operator to the person I needed to answer my questions. I actually just called them yesterday around 3:00 and was very suprised that someone was able to answer my questions right then even on a Friday.

I think thier customer service remains second to none still despite the state of this economy.

Bassman

Reaction score
I called with questions and they were answered instantly, I guess timing is everything??

el jefe

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Here is my recent experience with Grady. I was pulling up my wash down seacock lever and it popped off from the seacock. I recalled seeing several threads about earlier levers/pulls not being made up to Grady specs and a change in the system which the lever is attached to the end of the seacock. Sure enough, this board had all the information I needed and even hinted :roll: on how and who to contact at Grady.
I explained what happened, they checked my hull number and model year, acknowledged the problem and agreed to send me not one BUT FOUR lever/pulls. They also told me that about the only way to replace them, unless I was a contortionist and able to go through the lift up hatch on a Marlin, was to pull up the deck and get down in the bilge and replace.
So for me, at least, my recent expericence with Grady was a) no problem in getting in contact with a customer service rep; b) prompt return calls when message left; c) thorough and useful information; d) action and customer sastifaction. Two thumbs up from this guy.