GW Yamaha f225 TXRA motor issue

OGBobbyG

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hey guys, I have am issue with my motor, It was backfiring and stalling. the timing clearly was off, but we also had a fuel line issue because there was no fuel coming out the fuel lines when i test. The spark plugs were extremly fouled

Work I have done so far,
I changed the fuel pump (not the VST) and replaced the fuel filters
I changed the belt tensioner and belt and dead centered the motor.
Replaced the spark plugs.

here is video and pictures. can someone please chime in and help me trouble shoot this
video part 1 video part 2
pic of fouled plugs
img_4292_d095fb84afa4ec6a4a2376305da857e44d96d525.jpg

seasick

Reaction score
What does 'dead centered the motor' mean. Did you replace the timing belt and if so did you check before removing the old belt to see if the timing had jumped? Also did you confirm that timing was correct after belt work? Hopefully you have a service manual.
In either case you should do a compression test to hopefully confirm that all cyls are in spec. You should do a fuel pressure test also to confirm that the pumps are working.
What year is this motor?

OGBobbyG

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What does 'dead centered the motor' mean. Did you replace the timing belt and if so did you check before removing the old belt to see if the timing had jumped? Also did you confirm that timing was correct after belt work? Hopefully you have a service manual.
In either case you should do a compression test to hopefully confirm that all cyls are in spec. You should do a fuel pressure test also to confirm that the pumps are working.
What year is this motor?
i used the service manual and figured center according to manual. I did not do a compression test i dont have tools to do compression test. I had a mechanic diagnose it for me and he said it was timing the tensioner was bad and that it had too much slack in belt. so i replaced it myself he was trying charge $1800 for the job. I have the manual and am pretty good working on things so i gave it a try.

the motor is a 2001/2002 motor i believe

chrisk

Reaction score
I had a similar issue several years ago (since replaced it with a 250 VMax). Fuel injectors were dirty. Fortunately they are easily removed and can be cleaned. That would be my next step.

Reactions: OGBobbyG