gw360

NAUTI DOG

Reaction score
i know this is a pro Grady White site, but here is the question. We are in the market for a new boat. Does anyone have anything negative or has anyone heard anything negative about the 360? It alot of money for an outboard boat. We have never owned a Grady White before. We had a 35 proline witch was a mistake. I could do two hours on that subject. I am just afraid the ride of the boat with trips would be like the proline witch was not good. we are looking at a leftover with 250 trips. I know everyone is pro GW but i am looking for all feedback before i spend the big bucks again.

NAUTI DOG

Fishtales

Reaction score
I wouldn't do the trip 250s. Now that the 350s are out, the resale value would be way down I'd imagine. Less weight, less maintenance, less complicated steering. Look around, I would imagine you could get a good deal on one in this environment.

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have owned a 360 for nearly 3 years now, have one of the first ones released. I have taken her fishing, cruizing, several thousand miles on the water, good water, bad water, ugly water. Spend many many weeks onboard, living, docked, on the hook, you name it. I know the good, bad, ugly about the boat. PM me if you want details, all of which, btw, I have shared with GW.

Bottom line, its a fantastic boat, and while I disagree on the triple comment, as I have triple 250's but wish I had the triple 350's, she does have her limitations. But if you want to know more, PM me. I personally think the 360 is one of the all time classics and equal to some of the best boats ever built.

capeguy

Reaction score
SEL
Can you elaborate for the rest of us on some of the pros and cons? Would love to hear...

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
I have a 360 as well.....Great boat ..And I agree...It needs trips.....As for the 250's vs. the 350's......The 350's are faster////But not by much at cruising...and they burn more fuel by 20%......I have the 250's and have run a rigged boat with 350's so I know the real world numbers of both.....The 350's also cost more to maintain as they have 6 more plugs, larger crankcase, etc......

Now, if you like speed they are much faster at the top end.......I love the boat....You can PM me as well if you want more info...If you are serious I'm thinking of selling mine as I'm not using it as much as I had hoped....Either way I'd be happy to share info on any questions you may have....

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
gw is rigging the 36 with twin 350's now (along with trips). if you can wait some, there has been more than enough chatter about yamaha being ready to pull the trigger on the 400's (or more?). every time i ask my yamaha guys they just look at me (kinda like "no comment"). we are in the market for a 33 and now wondering if we should wait for the bigger engines to come out (although we could always do a lot of waiting for the next break-thru -- my guys say not needed on the 33).

btw, i wouldn't describe this site as "pro" gw. more like gw centric. although it's clear we like the boats, you will get a good run down of the good, bad and ugly if you ask. ron

NAUTI DOG

Reaction score
thanks, what doe everyone find as the short coming of the boat? is there any weak link we should watch out for?

what is the best thing you guys have found about the 360?

what is the one this that impressed you more then you thought?

what was the one part that let you down?

was anyone able to install a fighting chair?

has anyone installed under water lights?

has anyone looked into a small tower?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Even after the questions, take a ride in one if you're still interested.

blackdiamond296

Reaction score
If you're serious about taking a look at the 360, I would definitely ask your dealer to see the pictures of it with the new 'enclosed helm area' as they're calling it: aka a wheelhouse. It's pretty sweet looking and to me the chance to eliminate the use of canvas on three sides is a no-brainer!!!

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
blackdiamond296 said:
If you're serious about taking a look at the 360, I would definitely ask your dealer to see the pictures of it with the new 'enclosed helm area' as they're calling it: aka a wheelhouse. It's pretty sweet looking and to me the chance to eliminate the use of canvas on three sides is a no-brainer!!!

This one? 8) :D :wink:

http://usera.ImageCave.com/megabytes/Gr ... %20002.jpg
http://usera.ImageCave.com/megabytes/Gr ... %20003.jpg
http://usera.ImageCave.com/megabytes/Gr ... %20013.jpg

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
So Grady is listening to us north atlantic characters who are tired of vinyl and canvas and usually it stays up all season anyway? Nix the aluminum pipe frame too!

Can I say? it's about time, or is it too early to say that.

They will be getting bum rushed on the smaller sizes if so.

Eberen

Reaction score
gw 360

I have the 2008 360 w/tower fighting chair and trip 350's. Great boat, poor fuel consumption @ over 40MPH, great for getting to and from the Canyons, can easily fish 5-6 humans, great cabin, engines for trolling and fighting a fish are a nuisance(big), doesnt need much water below her to dock, fantastic to leave the Dip @ 4PM and be having a beer @ home by 545PM though -- big COCKPIT and very good seaboat, maybe not as good as those 26,000 lb. diesel boats, but the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for ME. One positive is the ease of maintenance versus diesels. One disadvantage -- EXPENSIVE!
Other boats in that category i would consider are the Pursuit 375, Rampage 34 (great), and Cab0 35 or 36.

Eberen

Reaction score
gw 360

Spellmans (went through them) for Tower, Pompanette white 80 lb. fighting chair w/4 rod launcher for trolling, fighting, storage -- looks pretty smart if i do say so myself, and the fighting chair makes a great place to have a hero sandwich and watch the dolphins and whales when the tuna in the canyon arent around (which happened a lot this season past)

Fishon02

Reaction score
Where did you get the pics? Looks like a Baha Cruisers. Which I agree are fugly.........

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
ok. it wasn't just me. i hope that is an early prototype. changes the lines of the boat completely. it shows that they could do it, but needs serious design reworks for my taste. (they did do it, right? not an aftermarket mod?)

kzb38a1

Reaction score
Megabytes,

Doesn't look like your pictures are getting a good response :) You think they will have it in Raleigh? I will see you there!

NAUTI DOG

Reaction score
pilot house

i agree the line are bad. On the other hand its a damn good idea for anyone up north or anyone overnighting in the canyons. It might look better with a small tower???