gw360

Fishermanbb

Reaction score
Sorry ...But...Yuck......I actually like the canvas....Great for cooling off while drifting or anchoring in the summer......Roll it down and it keeps you plenty warm when it's cold....Especially if you add a small space heater.......Also, helps to roll it up when docking in really nasty conditions.....Maybe that look works for some folks...But for me....yuck....

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
At one time GW followed this board so perhaps they are getting some good, candid feedback. Both Pursuit and BW have adopted this approach for some larger model(s). Time will tell how the consumers accept the design. There are clearly pros and cons. Here is my two cents in a positive spin. :)

o I really like the trend in more solid, integrated hardtops with finished undersides, integrated lighting, and hatches. I have seen some gorgeous hardtops on custom towers for GW33s, Cabos, etc.

o I also like the more rigid and integrated windshields such as the Pursuit 315 and the GW36 prototype. It is better if the height is such that most adults do not have the line of sight broken, either standing or sitting. This has been addressed in many GW models.

o I still prefer some canvas for the reasons stated such as airflow, asthetics, etc. This is especially true on the sides which I often use the zipouts in hot wx.

o My "ideal" design would a hybrid of what I have now:

- my wonderful new custom canvas using strataglass/stamoid
- a more finished hardtop which still retains the radio boxes (rather then the 305 style pod), recessed lighting, hatch, other useful items
- no netting (mildew nightmare so I keep vests in a hassock)
- replace the meeting with useful storage such as life ring holder, etc.

Yes, I will be at the Raleigh boat show on Sat. I don't know if the prototype 36 will be displayed. I do expect to see the 290 and 307. I will also put in my yearly plug to retain the 300 (which is about due for changes based on the last being 2004).

I'd love to meet up with any board members.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
kzb38a1:

Only your second post but I see you are still reading. :lol:
Look forward to seeing you at the show as always. Think a OS375 will be there?

The Black Pearl II

Reaction score

I have one also, with trip 250's runs great. would look at a pair of 350's. with trip 350's would seem to me to be too heavy and too costly to run. i get just about .8 overall avg on fuel consumption. been all the way to Nantucket and back from here in the mid Atlantic. really nice. Want to take it to the Bahamas, but need this economy to pick up. i added a transom hot water to the shower, moved my drop curtains to right behind the seats so that i can leave them in and get to the boxes (like a sport fisher) change the back curtains to Rainer-hard and they are great. still working on getting the port seat to work better, but all of these things are my personal ideas. wish it had a better closet for clothes. Does not ride like the big heavier boats, but I end up in places that are shallow and it works great for this type of boating. Should be a good price! Let us know what you decided.

gilpri

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
That 36 with the "hardtop" is as ugly as a bag of feet.
Hope that's not a factory design

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some pics of Eberen's Grady 360:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Eberen

Reaction score
gw 360

That was upon delivery @ Spellmans-- before Being 'cleaned up', chair and launcher being put on, riggers set, night vision added, etc. -- it REALLY looked dirty after the journey up here and then by water from the Tower supplier.!

mftsang

Reaction score
I like trip 250's for a couple of reasons:

1). You can easily slow troll for chinook salmon with a single engine and maintain around 1.7-2 mph water speed at idle speed with one of the
three engines. I suspect a single 350 will troll too fast. It's not obvious
that there's enough room for a kicker even with the twin 350s.

2). In case you lose an engine, the remaining two 250s will be sufficient to
set the 360 on plane, while a single 350 will not. So, if you're running or
fishing many miles offshore, it will be a long ride to a repair facility with
twin 350s.

NAUTI DOG

Reaction score
360 trips

when i had my 35 proline with 250 mercs i tried it all to find the best trolling combination. i found the best was just to leave all three run. the fuel burn was about the same as running one. the only time i only ran one was on a drift for sharks. i found i was trying to reinvent the wheel just becuse there was three on the back instead of two.

mftsang

Reaction score
The port engine ignition controls the throttle command system, we generally just run the port engine alone.... If you just have the port engine ignition in the on position you can run any engine by itself. Note you must turn off and restart all engines when you are done to resync the throttle system. Running the port engine at idle we get 1.5-2 mph @ .6-.7 gph.