Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel/Friday

F18amec

Reaction score
Last Friday went out to HRBT with brother and my son to try our luck. Weather was hot, high humidity, little to no wind, bay was flat calm, very hazy. Morning was slow, few small croakers near the shoals, nothing around the pilings or flats, except crabs. One a lark went out into channel, and drifted just as tide shifted and started knocking down 10-12in croakers on almost every cast. Depth was 45-55 ft, running double hook bottom rig and letting current run with it. Found that 2.5 oz sinker worked best, bait was cut squid. Finally got chased away by the T-storm that rolled thru the area. (Was able to make it to the dock before the heavans let loose!) Ended up with 25 croaker. Also caught 5 flounder but too small, 19in min in Va. Great day all the way around!

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
After uploading the picture, you can put your cursor over the uploaded photo and a list of URLs will pop up. I highlight and copy everything from the IMG line. This can be pasted into your posting and the photo will display.

Average Joe

Reaction score
F18amec said:
Yep, that's me! 8).

I thought so. I launch my 208 at Portsmouth City Park and fish that same area quite a bit.
Sorry, I think I gave you some bad info on the free membership to the TGWC. From what I hear they suspended that for a while because of the economy. We would still love to have you as a member and if you are interested come on out to the meeting (details below). Feel free to call me with any questions 757-641-3556

Our events calendar had a "social gathering" after the captain's meeting for the Norfolk Marine Owner's Tournament. With the tournament postponed, we had to decide whether to schedule a substitute event. So, we will have a regular club meeting on Wednesday, August 12th, at 7pm, at Martin's Family Restaurant. The guest speaker will be Jason Murphy of Norfolk Marine Company, discussing the overall boating industry, Grady-White Boats, and Norfolk Marine. The club will provide appetizers, so watch for a separate email soon requesting RSVPs, so we have a feel for the number of attendees

F18amec

Reaction score
Definatly interested in joining club, gonna have to skip this months meeting, going to be "deployed" to the Keys that week. Does club have website?
I'm playing around with different area's right now. Last Wednesday put in at Lynnhaven Inlet(wow it's shallow!) and fished around the Bay Bridge, action was pretty good, mostly croaker, I got a 2.5ft sand shark and few small flounder.
Not sure where P-town City park is....put in at the Locks Park in Chesapeake, was a long run to bridge and back, espically trying to out run the storm!

HukiLau22.jpg

Average Joe

Reaction score
F18amec said:
Definatly interested in joining club, gonna have to skip this months meeting, going to be "deployed" to the Keys that week. Does club have website?
I'm playing around with different area's right now. Last Wednesday put in at Lynnhaven Inlet(wow it's shallow!) and fished around the Bay Bridge, action was pretty good, mostly croaker, I got a 2.5ft sand shark and few small flounder.
Not sure where P-town City park is....put in at the Locks Park in Chesapeake, was a long run to bridge and back, espically trying to out run the storm!

Give me a call when you have a chance 757 641 3556

Heavy Duty

Reaction score
Congrats of the purchase and hope you decide to join the club. A great bunch of guys and gals to be associated with along with some really helpful advice at the meetings.

I see you live in Moyock. I live just a little further south of you (Grandy). There is some outstanding fishing in both the Currituck and Albemarle sounds. There is a nice boat ramp at Coinjock right at the ICW. If you are interested let me know and be glad to talk to you.

HD