Hand Rinsing Spout Port Side issue

Peanut

Reaction score
Hi it's me again!

Have a problem and im hoping someone can help me out.

I have a 91 Sailfish and theres a hand rinsing spout with an on/off switch on the port side of the boat.

I turned the water pressure switch on and have the handle set to fresh water tanks. When I turn on my outside faucet which is also on the port side, it runs no problem. All my sinks run no problem. However this spout doesnt work. I thought it might be the switch so i replaced it with a new switch but im still not getting any water to come out of it.

Does anyone know if this has its own water pump? I assumed that this and the outside washdown faucet were on the same water pump. I also thought that it might have been a blown fuse but I checked in the fuse area and didn't see one listed for just this spout. There was one for water pressure and one for livewell.

Im guessing it's something electrical with the switch, possibly a fuse im not seeing since every water faucet seems to be working.

If anyone has any suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
it sounds like it must have it's own pump. All the other faucets are on a pressure contolled pump i.e you open the fauce and the pump turns on. If this has it's own switch it might be a small water pump. I owned a Seafarer that had a pump controlled by a switch but id did not have a primary fresh water system too? It was a PIA to get to in the Seafarer - you had to rmove the main deck hatch - good luck - did you check the GW manual on their website, the generally have some pretty good schematics on wiring and piping

Peanut

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I will have to download the manual again and check the schematics of the plumbing.