Hanging out at Lake Erie

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Friday was a blowout for sure. Saturday was better but water churned up had the walleye finicky, Sunday, wind came back up and still nothing. Nice day on the water regardless. Better than work.

20200912_124301.jpg

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
OK. We used to anchor regularly in that huge cove on the North Shore of Kellys. Good protection in any thing but a N or NE wind.

Glad to see your boating. The seasons winding down, as you know.

Did you get your skeg fixed?

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
How cool is that, looking out your living room window and seeing your boat moored steps away. Had a dream....... anyway not complaining, I'm 10 minutes from my launch here, also realize many on the site are hours away from their boat and fishing. So anyone want to talk about their accessibility to their pride and joy and wetting distance?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
OK. We used to anchor regularly in that huge cove on the North Shore of Kellys. Good protection in any thing but a N or NE wind.

Glad to see your boating. The seasons winding down, as you know.

Did you get your skeg fixed?

Heading to South Carolina the end of October for guys trip catfishing, then I'll be done for the most part till spring. Skeg repaired, good as new.

Reactions: magicalbill

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
How cool is that, looking out your living room window and seeing your boat moored steps away. Had a dream....... anyway not complaining, I'm 10 minutes from my launch here, also realize many on the site are hours away from their boat and fishing. So anyone want to talk about their accessibility to their pride and joy and wetting distance?

I'm 5 1/2 hrs away from Lake Erie, this is at the marina where we stay. 7 1/2 hrs to lake in South Carolina.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Trap:

I went from:

5 hrs to State Dock in Lake Cumberland
6 hrs to Portage Lake, Michigan
5 1/2 hrs to Sandusky Bay, Lake Erie
2 frickin' days to The Keys

To:
200 feet across thick bladed Fla grass to my lift.

I am truly blessed and grateful.

Reactions: Ky Grady

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Darn... I really wanted to believe that was your res. across from the nicely moored Grady close to home. Yes .......had a dream... is was my res.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Nice photos. fish or not, looked fun.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Nice pics KY. What is the middle rod holder/outrodder. Have not seen one of them before...

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice, You get around with your boat! I'm used to trolling with downriggers but not so many poles are allowed where I am. How do you keep the lures separated behind the boat with out downriggers or outriggers?

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I can fish 6 poles for walleye as long as I have the second person, 3 poles per person. We have one line on a planer board, one on a Dipsy Diver and one deep runner Bandit just flatlined behind the boat. The pic above with the white poles is actually my catfish spread, go a few more pics up and you will see the walleye spread. I've added 2 more rod holders on the hardtop for the planer board poles to get them up off the gunnels and give them a better spread. The middle pole in the walleye spread is the planer board pole, which now goes up in the new holders.
20201017_142925.jpg20200917_202256.jpg

jbloom

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I can fish 6 poles for walleye as long as I have the second person, 3 poles per person. We have one line on a planer board, one on a Dipsy Diver and one deep runner Bandit just flatlined behind the boat. The pic above with the white poles is actually my catfish spread, go a few more pics up and you will see the walleye spread. I've added 2 more rod holders on the hardtop for the planer board poles to get them up off the gunnels and give them a better spread. The middle pole in the walleye spread is the planer board pole, which now goes up in the new holders.
View attachment 18756View attachment 18757
I like that. I don't have Outriggers on my boat because if I did I wouldn't be able to fit under the bridge on my creek. This looks like a great solution. thanks

Reactions: Ky Grady

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those are Taco adjustable ones. They work well and aren't in the way going forward.