hard to find grady parts

neverenoughx2

Reaction score
I have a 1994 280 marlin. I love the boat but she is starting to age. There are a few parts that grady says they don't make anymore so as usual I am turning to the forums. Thank God for the internet. I need a gasket for the oval window located in bottom bunk. To be specific the bunk that is located under the helm and the aft side of the head. It is the only window in the bunk and mine leaks all the time. It looks like there is a grove around it. It has to be some kind of gasket or rubber seal. Any ideas where I can get this or has anybody improvised, if so please share the info. I also need the vent window latches. The vent window that is on the sides of the windshield. My kids broke them opening and closing the cabin hatch. I know I can't be the only this has happened to. Grady says the same thing about this part.

Thanks Guys
Tom

Jeff_R

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I would recommend trying Sue Lodel at Twin Cities Marine. She is a HUGE help to the classic Whaler community in sourcing hard to locate and out of production parts. That said Twin Cities Marine is and has been a Grady White Dealer for a lot of years so I bet she may be able to help you.

Give her a call or an email. She is super nice and always willing to help...

Sue Lodel, Parts Dept. Mgr.,
Twin Cities Marine, Inc
1600 12th Street, PO Box 126
Two Rivers, WI 54241-0126
Phone: (920) 793-2715 (M-F 9-5pm CST)
http://www.twincitiesmarine.com/
Email: tcmarine@lakefield.net

Lainie J

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I dont recall if there is a gasket in the that aft window. I have a 1997 Marlin and mine was leaking several years ago and I remember taking the entire window out and resealing with silicon. Its been years so I dont recall if there was a gasket. It was an easy job and still does not leak today. You might be able to use another brand of latch for the windows. Lots of boats camewith and still do today, might need to make a few alterations. Good luck.