Hard top mounts//What are they for? Pics attached

Emerald-coast-Grady

Reaction score
On top of the hard top an my 226 is this square with mounts. It has removable pins in in each tube. It is strong enough for me to stand on with out flexing. I can't for the life of me figure out what this was designed for. What ever it was it was removable. What do you guys think? What could i use it for?? Oh it's 18" X 18" on center..
100_1067.jpg

100_1066.jpg

gerrys

Reaction score
Looks like it is for a removeable cage - a platform with railings to site fish. It's easier to see down into the water from a higher angle.

JeffN

Reaction score
gerrys said:
Looks like it is for a removeable cage - a platform with railings to site fish. It's easier to see down into the water from a higher angle.

Thats what it looks like to me too.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks like a standing platform, some guys use them for spotting top water fish, it is similar to having a tower, but lower and without controls and the top. The bottom piece is support for standing since the stock hardtop would not be enough. The pins make it removal, so it can be taken off the boat when not needed, and more importantly, so that the boat can be trailered. It would not be a good spot for a life raft, too high up on a small boat, it will cause to to rock, in rough conditions it could get pretty bad. The hardtop was also not meant to support a liferaft up high, Grady hardtops on smaller boats have been known to crack when that much weight is added. Since this had a standing platform, I would check your hardtop mounts for loose supports and tighten all your fasteners, as well as your hardtop legs for cracks(the welds sometimes crack).

HMBJack

Reaction score
Looks to me like a cannister life raft frame.

Not advised since the ~75 lbs. could weaken or break the frame of the hard top.