Hard top

Tracker40

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I am new to the forum and sure this has been asked before sorry but what is the best source for a hardtop setup ? I realize a general question 1998 Seafarer 228. Thanks

Tpartridge

Reaction score
Not a hardtop but, if you have interest in a canvas top I put one a Stryker T-Top on my last boat and it was really great. Great quality and mounting plates under the canvas if you want to mount electronics, etc. on top.

Tracker40

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not a hardtop but, if you have interest in a canvas top I put one a Stryker T-Top on my last boat and it was really great. Great quality and mounting plates under the canvas if you want to mount electronics, etc. on top.

Never thought of that, Thanks for the information

Reactions: Tpartridge

seasick

Reaction score
Finding a used one is usually pretty difficult. Shipping a hard top can be also quite expensive.
Options for a new, include kits like offered by Atlantic Towers (https://www.atlantictowers.com/) and fully custom made to order units. In your area you should be able to locate a fabricator. Just keep in mind that the custom option will be costly. Soft top options as mentioned will be less expensive than hard tops.

Tracker40

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Finding a used one is usually pretty difficult. Shipping a hard top can be also quite expensive.
Options for a new, include kits like offered by Atlantic Towers (https://www.atlantictowers.com/) and fully custom made to order units. In your area you should be able to locate a fabricator. Just keep in mind that the custom option will be costly. Soft top options as mentioned will be less expensive than hard tops.
Thanks for that, another link I was looking for.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have never been able to find a marine "junkyard". Maybe one exists in Florida. You are near the Chesapeake maybe there is something around there.

Be careful buying used. I'm refinishing my original hardtop. Edge chipping gelcoat, stress cracks from riggers, etc. If I weren't doing the work myself it would be cheaper to buy a new one.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore

Dude is a sponsor here and does great work at a good price . I told him what boat I had and he immediately knew what I needed.

Reactions: NH Seafarer

Fishtales

Reaction score
I’d look locally and have a custom one installed.