Hardtop 1993 -1998 for Adventure 208

ondmtn

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Hello West Coast forum members!!!

I know that finding a Grady White OEM hardtop is not an easy task. Have a 1994 Adventure 208 and believe a hardtop off a 1993-1998 would work. Maybe later models as well. Anyone know?

Are there any boat parts yards or salvage companies who may have a Grady White hardtop? An old Grady White boat dealer, etc?

If not, any recommended aftermarket boat shops who make a hardtop here on the West Coast? The closer to San Francisco, the better :)

Thanks in advance

seasick

Reaction score
There are 'kits' from vendors like Atlantic Towers that can be shipped unassembled ( shipping is costly though).
I am sure there are fabricators near you that can make a custom top but they can be quite expensive. The hull mold for the 208 is the same for many years but the deck molds aren't. I would suspect that if your boat has flat windshield glass sides, there is a good chance that a top from a similar deck will work but the deck is different on models with curved side glass.
That said, I wonder is tops from similar year 22 footers would fit. The cabin is the same I think.

Reactions: ondmtn

seasick

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that there are hard tops and not so hard tops that use canvas like material stretched over a frame. They are less expensive but may not meet your needs.

ondmtn

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
There are 'kits' from vendors like Atlantic Towers that can be shipped unassembled ( shipping is costly though).
I am sure there are fabricators near you that can make a custom top but they can be quite expensive. The hull mold for the 208 is the same for many years but the deck molds aren't. I would suspect that if your boat has flat windshield glass sides, there is a good chance that a top from a similar deck will work but the deck is different on models with curved side glass.
That said, I wonder is tops from similar year 22 footers would fit. The cabin is the same I think.
Thank you Seasick - appreciate the response and feedback. Great suggestion on the 22 footers and same year.

ondmtn

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
@hanke777 posted information in another thread about hardtops for Grady White, so adding that information here.

WMW is OEM for Grady White hardtops

Hanke777 - congrats on getting your Adventure 208. Super excited for you and thanks for the above information.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Another member of this forum JJMag was, and I think still is, selling the hardtop off of his 2003 GW 228 Seafarer. I have no idea if the two are compatible but I'm sure a quick call to GW would answer that, or that it could be modified to fit. I know his ad says he's in Northern California, which would at least be in the same state and not thousands of miles away...

ondmtn

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Another member of this forum JJMag was, and I think still is, selling the hardtop off of his 2003 GW 228 Seafarer. I have no idea if the two are compatible but I'm sure a quick call to GW would answer that, or that it could be modified to fit. I know his ad says he's in Northern California, which would at least be in the same state and not thousands of miles away...

Fantastic - Really appreciate you pointing out the above!!!

JJMag is but 45-60 min away. Reaching out today.

Happy New Year!!!

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Fantastic - Really appreciate you pointing out the above!!!

JJMag is but 45-60 min away. Reaching out today.

Happy New Year!!!
No worries. I'm not sure if they're interchangeable but hopefully they are for both of you guys. I know he's had it for sale for quite some time

coldpizza

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I had Fishing Unlimited (624 Terminal Way, Costa Mesa, California 92627; (949)642-0882) fabricate and install a custom fiberglass/stainless hard top. It was on a 1993 Adventure. They do great work if you are in the Orange County/Newport Beach area.

Dboardfox

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I have a 93 208 with a factory hardtop. I can send you pics and dimensions. DM me .