HardTop for 1989 20 overnighter

ibgary

Reaction score
Website
www.mypacificrealty.com
Hello All,

I want to add a hardtop to my naked Overnighter to accomplish Shade, radar, rocket launchers,VHF,GPS mounts and lighting. I am also considering a Belly loop or seat to have a spotter when offshore. Do you feel this too much for the 20 footer, that is the belly loop up top.
Input please. Thanks Gary

ibgary

Reaction score
Website
www.mypacificrealty.com
Decided to go anodized aluminum. 10 rod holders, radome,gps,vhs mounts with backrest and cooler seat above hardtop. Decklight to cockpit and anchor light above. Grab rails on sides and No electronics box to save on height. Keep you posted with pics when complete.

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Look forward to seeing it. You might give me some ideas... I'd love to have a hard top with belly bar. When trolling offshore, I'm always climbing up my radar arch trying to get as high as I can. I don't think it's overkill for a 20 footer. I assume you'll make the stuff on top removable or collapsible for trailering? I'm just under 12 feet tall with my rig on the trailer and I wouldn't want to be any taller.

Clockwork

Reaction score
its a stock option so its not "too much" technically but its always better to keep the center of gravity low. i would agree that aluminum is the preferable option if you can afford it. id like to see it. got pics?

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Do it! Then post pictures!
I am trying to figure out what kind of crows nest to have built, the simple standing belly band is ideal for a small boat but I an trying to incorporate a small fold-down seat for hanging out up there.

Hardtop is awesome, you will love it.